75339 - Death Star Trash Compactor Diorama

cardensb

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/death-star-trash-compactor-diorama-75339

One of three new diorama sets shipping in late April, 2022.  At $90, this set of 800+ pieces is pricey for me but I am a static display collector so if I can get a deal on it, I may buy it.  It comes with 6 figures from the original movie, lots of gribble, and the walls of the compactor do move allowing you to crush them.

• 1 month later...

I built this set over a few sessions.  It looks nice but I am not a fan of hiding the two droids behind it if on a shelf.  It too suffers from the designer just using too many single flat pieces in a row when the toy line has 1x2s and more available.  Nothing like placing 27 pieces when it could have been 6-7 pieces to get the part count up. Not much else to say about it.  Maybe too much brown? I don't know, probably have to watch that scene again.  I assumed it would be more rust.

I built this set over a few sessions.  It looks nice but I am not a fan of hiding the two droids behind it if on a shelf.  It too suffers from the designer just using too many single flat pieces in a row when the toy line has 1x2s and more available.  Nothing like placing 27 pieces when it could have been 6-7 pieces to get the part count up. Not much else to say about it.  Maybe too much brown? I don't know, probably have to watch that scene again.  I assumed it would be more rust.

I can’t find the video offhand but I saw one recently where someone took R2 and 3PO off the back and built them a side build that connected easily to the main display.

21 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I can’t find the video offhand but I saw one recently where someone took R2 and 3PO off the back and built them a side build that connected easily to the main display.

...or take the droids apart and litter their pieces in w/ the heap of garbage...

to represent the alternative "dark" ending to New Hope.