Super Mario 2022

wow...the Mario theme is getting huge.

If they are going to make electronic figures for all the main characters we are only a fraction of the way there.

...and yet I have not seen a single example of kids playing w/ any of these sets let alone mention them (and I am in the age 7-10 group circles).

Either LEGO paid a ton for the IP and NEEDS to make it work...or all these sets are being hoarded somewhere.

And the big miss is LEGO not jumping into Mario Kart which is the actual relevant and popular component for kids. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

that's going to be a problem for reselling...also a reason why Duplo doesn't do as well in the aftermarket

Hi there. Long time reader / follower but first time posting because I never felt I had anything to add.

I invested in 71369 Bowser's Castle Boss Battle and it seems to be doing well. Might be a one-off of course. Also the shelf life of most of these seems pretty short.

On 3/10/2022 at 6:30 AM, flukedd said:

I invested in 71369 Bowser's Castle Boss Battle and it seems to be doing well. Might be a one-off of course. Also the shelf life of most of these seems pretty short.

Gonna try and do you a favor because the vets on this site don't mind letting new members make mistakes, can't blame them how else are you going to learn. 

We are talking about the 71369 Bowser's Castle set that I can buy 20 of from Amazon for MSRP? I have to disagree here. I went deep into Mario (26 different sets to date) and have had significant appreciation off of exactly 3 boxed sets and 2 of these are limited editions. 

71371 Propeller Suit 

77907 and  40414

The fact that the same Bowser figure is in this castle is a huge shot in the foot for 71369. I knew it was odd that LEGO retired this so early with it being arguably the best one, and now seeing the Bowser figure in this set explains their reasoning fully. I always see the shelfs full of the Mario line in Brick and Mortar stores and needless to say I haven't bought a single one of them this year.

I could go on about these sets and how much I am regretting buying them but I am also new in the game (3 years) so I don't want to speak too far over my head. I think it's almost time to take this entire line of sets behind the barn with a shotgun. Unless you are getting these for 50% off there are much better sets to put your money into. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong here.

Re

9 minutes ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

Gonna try and do you a favor because the vets on this site don't mind letting new members make mistakes, can't blame them how else are you going to learn. 

We are talking about the 71369 Bowser's Castle set that I can buy 20 of from Amazon for MSRP? I have to disagree here. I went deep into Mario (26 different sets to date) and have had significant appreciation off of exactly 3 boxed sets and 2 of these are limited editions. 

71371 Propeller Suit 

77907 and  40414

The fact that the same Bowser figure is in this castle is a huge shot in the foot for 71369. I knew it was odd that LEGO retired this so early with it being arguably the best one, and now seeing the Bowser figure in this set explains their reasoning fully. I always see the shelfs full of the Mario line in Brick and Mortar stores and needless to say I haven't bought a single one of them this year.

I could go on about these sets and how much I am regretting buying them but I am also new in the game (3 years) so I don't want to speak too far over my head. I think it's almost time to take this entire line of sets behind the barn with a shotgun. Unless you are getting these for 50% off there are much better sets to put your money into. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong here.

Re

It's definitely going to take some time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

71371 Propeller Suit 

77907 and  40414

Re

I'm more bullish than most on Lego Mario, though I went deeper on a more limited number of different sets. I am surprised by 71369's remaining inventory, I thought that was going to be sold out more quickly. Hoping it's not another Avengers Compound Battle situation. 71362 Guarded Fortress is doing fine, as is 71365 Piranha Plant Power Slide. 71364 Whomp's Lava Trouble will end up fine, it was on sale forever at 40% off and is back up to MSRP. 71367 Mario's House retires mid-year and will be a winner. I'm not sure there's a great place to put any money right now, I'm getting prepared to load up for mid-year retirements.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

I'm more bullish than most on Lego Mario, though I went deeper on a more limited number of different sets. I am surprised by 71369's remaining inventory, I thought that was going to be sold out more quickly. Hoping it's not another Avengers Compound Battle situation. 71362 Guarded Fortress is doing fine, as is 71365 Piranha Plant Power Slide. 71364 Whomp's Lava Trouble will end up fine, it was on sale forever at 40% off and is back up to MSRP. 71367 Mario's House retires mid-year and will be a winner. I'm not sure there's a great place to put any money right now, I'm getting prepared to load up for mid-year retirements.

I was pretty strict on these, getting the majority 50%-80% off.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, I Pitty da Foo said:

71371 Propeller Suit 

77907 and  40414

Re

Thank you for your reply and your insights. I should have clarified that I got nearly 50% off MSRP on these.

I also invested in the Airship, Mario's House and a few other sets that are looking like they are gone after this year. About 10% of my inventory is Mario Lego at the moment.

I started about 2,5 years ago.

21 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I was pretty strict on these, getting the majority 50%-80% off.

Can't believe you got more than 50% off on these! I've hardly seen any set more than 50% off (well.. Vidiyo)