What is on your SW lego wish list for double VIP and May 4th rewards?

cardensb

I figured we need a place for everyone to list what the plan to spend on in the next few months with the season of double points and specials based on what we know is going to be available as of now.  I will start but I am not sure which I will buy on the double VIP offer over March 12-14 at the lego store or wait until May 4th assuming I need to spend $50 or $75 dollars to get the annual freebie set.

UCS AT-AT ($800)

Dark Troopers Attack ($30)

Hoth AT-ST ($50)

Hoth Imperial Trooper battle pack ($20)

Boba's Place set (although if I find this at Costco first, I will save the 20%) ($100 @ lego online store)

Mando's N-1 Starfighter ($60)

Not sure about the Hoth Rebel Trooper pack ($15) as it is not available online right now

7 hours ago, cardensb said:

I figured we need a place for everyone to list what the plan to spend on in the next few months with the season of double points and specials based on what we know is going to be available as of now.  I will start but I am not sure which I will buy on the double VIP offer over March 12-14 at the lego store or wait until May 4th assuming I need to spend $50 or $75 dollars to get the annual freebie set.

UCS AT-AT ($800)

Dark Troopers Attack ($30)

Hoth AT-ST ($50)

Hoth Imperial Trooper battle pack ($20)

Boba's Place set (although if I find this at Costco first, I will save the 20%) ($100 @ lego online store)

Mando's N-1 Starfighter ($60)

Not sure about the Hoth Rebel Trooper pack ($15) as it is not available online right now

first off none are retiring for at lease 1-2 years

all but the UCS AT-AT will "likely" eventually hit 20-30% off w/ no limit at the big retailers

So I guess my strategy is to sit tight unless a GWP "Forces" me into a reluctant purchase

I stopped investing in Legos and toys in general a few years ago.  After eBay raised rates and the Fed and State taxes started, I determined it was not worth it. I did not do a ton of ebay sales last year but I had to pay almost $300 in Fed taxes on my 2021 returns.  PayPal and eBay both sent 1099s. I buy to build and only will sell when it gets to crowded.

On 2/23/2022 at 5:44 AM, cardensb said:

I stopped investing in Legos and toys in general a few years ago.  After eBay raised rates and the Fed and State taxes started, I determined it was not worth it. I did not do a ton of ebay sales last year but I had to pay almost $300 in Fed taxes on my 2021 returns.  PayPal and eBay both sent 1099s. I buy to build and only will sell when it gets to crowded.

BPer is first and foremost a LEGO resellers site so all posts are generally viewed w/ that perspective.  That's the reason for my initial response.  W/ that title I assumed your post was in the contest of reselling.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up ordering two different back mobiles only to find out the classic tv series version was not in the inventory and also ordered the snowtroopers and defense of Hoth battle packs. Holding out on the AT-AT and AT-ST for May 4 hoping I can split the order for two bonus sets.

Edited by cardensb
fixed error