Leave in damaged box, or open?

Out of town for work, and spotted a Vampyre Castle at a Walmart in the clearance section. The seals on the box are completely intact - but on one end of the box, the panel between the seals is completely ripped. Like if you tried to open the box without cutting the seals first. I am confident looking at the box that it hasn't been opened. For resale though, my question is, would you keep it in the sealed box? Or open the box and just keep and resell with the complete set of bags plus instructions? Guessing I could part it out around Halloween next year.

My stupid walmart has one of these just sitting on the shelf with no tag and very few other Monster Fighters sets in the store. The box is trashed, but I was hoping to pick it up to build it for myself. I have been checking back on it every few days just to see if they finally moved it to clearance, but alas, no luck. Would you mind me asking you how much it was on clearance for.

My stupid walmart has one of these just sitting on the shelf with no tag and very few other Monster Fighters sets in the store. The box is trashed, but I was hoping to pick it up to build it for myself. I have been checking back on it every few days just to see if they finally moved it to clearance, but alas, no luck.

Would you mind me asking you how much it was on clearance for.

try to make a deal with a manager.......it has only worked for me 1 time but a lot of people on here say they do it all the time. My suggestion to you is to take it to another dept like home and garden and cosmetics and ask someone there......the toy managers at my Walmart won't budge!

Walmart clearance seems to be hit and miss, went to the one store that consistently has good clearance section and they had reduced it to one aisle and had only one lame spongebob set...to me the hunt is the action. I was able to get an attack on weathertop for $22.50 at Kmart, gotta love their 50% off clearance sales.

Does every Walmart have the "clearance" section. I have 4 Walmarts here and only 1 have a found a true clearance aisle with stuff pretty much tossed into it and on sale. They had some sets there but all scanned in at regular price so I took off.

Only one of my two closeby Wal-Marts actually has one with signs that say "Toy Sale/Clearance" and come to think of it, that one just started it roughly a couple to few years ago. I have been lucky, eh, sort of, every now and then.

Recently, I thought I might have hit a decent jackpot. I go there and see a Helm's Deep. The box was pretty banged up and the seals on one side were open. I looked in and it appeared as though it was all there still in their sealed bags and instructions too, but how the heck could I really know that for sure? Just for s**ts & giggles, I scanned it. The dumb thing rang up at normal retail. Even if it really was all there, I am NOT paying that much for a open and quite possibly incomplete set, specially when that set costs like $130!

I guess I could have tried haggling with someone to get them to go down on price like I have heard some others on here have done, but I don't think they would have gone down low enough (if at all) for me to take the chance of not having that kind of cash in the first place. Yes it is a great set and like everything else want it, but a man has to know his limitations. You know.