Brickheadz Checklist

Alpinemaps

There are groupings on the "Other" list that I'll try to address over the next few days.

Starting at the bottom:

40316 Geoffrey #57 - Cancelled

40316-Set1.jpg

So that set got canceled because TRU was going out of business. But the set got leaked about the same time, and LEGO had the instructions up on their site for about 3 days. Of course, I grabbed the instructions. It was an easy one to BL, because it's all common parts, other than the parts with the stars (which are just 1x1 and 1x2 bricks).

The easy solution was to pull the sticker set from 40288 Geoffrey & Friends.  The same stars show up in the sticker sheet for that set.  So, apply stickers, and you've got an accurate BHz.

Such a bummer this set didn't make it to the public, because it would have been a great addition to the line.

This remains the only numbered BHz that never made it out, and is, obviously, the only gap in the numbering.

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

There are groupings on the "Other" list that I'll try to address over the next few days.

Starting at the bottom:

40316 Geoffrey #57 - Cancelled

40316-Set1.jpg

So that set got canceled because TRU was going out of business. But the set got leaked about the same time, and LEGO had the instructions up on their site for about 3 days. Of course, I grabbed the instructions. It was an easy one to BL, because it's all common parts, other than the parts with the stars (which are just 1x1 and 1x2 bricks).

The easy solution was to pull the sticker set from 40288 Geoffrey & Friends.  The same stars show up in the sticker sheet for that set.  So, apply stickers, and you've got an accurate BHz.

Such a bummer this set didn't make it to the public, because it would have been a great addition to the line.

This remains the only numbered BHz that never made it out, and is, obviously, the only gap in the numbering.

I've got a few of the 40288 lying around somewhere, bought just before Smyth toys took over toysrus in Europe. 

I think I got the majority of the regular releases except, groot/rocket, jack/Sally and the lego movie 2. When the line was released, the lead designer Marcos Bessa was in Singapore to promote the first wave. I still have a card signed by him. There was also a free stand if you bought the first wave. 

images.jpeg

• Like 2

41498 Boba Fett (#27) and Han Solo in Carbonite (#28) - 2017 New York City Comic Con Exclusive 2-pack

41498-1.png

41498-1-2.png

Brickheadz #27 and #28, the only two exclusive BHz to be part of the numbering scheme.

41629-1.png

Pretty similar to the regular release of 41629 Boba Fett, with a slightly more rounded face.  Of course, the coolness factor here is Han in Carbonite. This set was only available as a raffle giveaway at NYCC in 2017, but I remember hearing of people being able to go up and buy them on the final day. So plenty were to be had.

There are 9 printed parts in this set.  6 were only available in this set:

87079pb0762.png

2431pb399-2.png

3069bpb0816.png

3069bpb0817.png

98138pb173.png

93273pb133.png

Three more parts were also available in the 41629 Boba Fett release (but no where else):

85984pb203.png

15068pb153.png

87079pb0523.png

I do have PDFs of the instructions for each of these two sets, where someone painstakingly took photos of each page. I definitely regret not picking up a second Boba Fett general release BHz, so I could get those parts. Inventory is up in all the usual places, but I haven't even begun to BL these two. Luckily, there is a sticker creator in the UK who has done an excellent job replicating the printed parts as stickers. I just received my order from Ultimate Collector Stickers last week, and I'm impressed.

6ec856_fcb77855ff4049dfb32a40e7ffab4ccc~mv2.jpg

Unlike the original SDCC Brickheadz, I never found any knockoff versions of these. As I will discuss later, I will embrace knock off versions if that's the only means available to obtain a printed version of a part...but only for the printed part.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40483 & 40484 - Bride and Groom

40383-1_637113461714052041.jpg

40384-1_637113462074055229.jpg

These two are pretty straight forward. They are both on the shelves. Great little sets, that are very customizable.

41597 Go Brick Me

41597_alt1.jpg

Only available from April to December 2018, this set is a "build yourself" in Brickheadz form. Each GBM set can create two BHz from the parts inside. It's a shame that this isn't on the shelf still, because it would be a great add on. I would hope/guess that LEGO would put something similar to this again in the future.

Myself, I grabbed three of these. My plan was to use two sets for my own family. Maybe even a family game night where we create one in our own likeness. Or draw names to create someone else in the family. The third set I just have in case I want to do a custom BHz of....I don't know what.

Next:  Store Opening BHz

• Like 1

Store Opening Brickheadz

There have been a grand total of five special "store opening" Brickheadz. Three of these were released at LEGO Store openings in China, the other two at store openings in Europe.

For the most part, these are all the same, but the Hangzhou one is a slightly different design. The only real difference on the others is the color of the pants (blue vs red).

You can find a parts list on Rebrickable. I've not seen anyone reproduce the "I <heart>" city sticker for the front, and for my own building, I don't really care.

Instructions have been difficult to come by; I've never actually seen the instructions for any of these. Best I've found is some pictures of the construction of the Cologne set, by Stonewars (see below). There is a video on Youtube for building the Cologne set as well.

I also haven't started to Bricklink these yet, and haven't even decided if I'm going to do them all, or just have one that represents them all.

SHIMAO (6270050) Shimao Brickheadz

SHIMAO-1-2.jpg

COLOGNE (6302766) Cologne Brickheadz

COLOGNE-1.jpg

Stonewars did a write up on this set, and they included some pictures. The "I <heart> Cologne" came as a sticker, and not a printed piece, and was limited to 1,000 sets all together. A video with build instructions is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_2BC-ro7wA

BEIJING (6278983) Beijing Brickheadz

BEIJING-2.jpg

6315025 Amsterdam BrickHeadz

AMSTERDAM-1.jpg

6322719 Hangzhou Brickheadz

1000x800p.jpg

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Store Opening Brickheadz

There have been a grand total of five special "store opening" Brickheadz. Three of these were released at LEGO Store openings in China, the other two at store openings in Europe.

For the most part, these are all the same, but the Hangzhou one is a slightly different design. The only real difference on the others is the color of the pants (blue vs red).

You can find a parts list on Rebrickable. I've not seen anyone reproduce the "I <heart>" city sticker for the front, and for my own building, I don't really care.

Instructions have been difficult to come by; I've never actually seen the instructions for any of these. Best I've found is some pictures of the construction of the Cologne set, by Stonewars (see below). There is a video on Youtube for building the Cologne set as well.

I also haven't started to Bricklink these yet, and haven't even decided if I'm going to do them all, or just have one that represents them all.

SHIMAO (6270050) Shimao Brickheadz

SHIMAO-1-2.jpg

Looks like that Shimao one has black pants, not blue or red.