Parts Bags - Are they worth anything?

22 hours ago, sypsixcahs said:

This is probably a dumb question. But here it goes. I've been saving the boxes and parts bags as I build out my collection. I've mostly been keeping the parts bags thinking they might have some value. Is there any validity to this thought? 

Lol.  That's a pretty funny post.  I'm sure all things being the same someone could choose buying your's over someone else's, but that's assuming you make it down to their final comparison after price, condition, organization, etc.  Definitely not a deal breaker and definitely not worth the effort.

I’ve actually noticed a number of sellers on BrickLink reusing Lego bags for part orders. They tend to heat seal them from a vacuum sealer. Likely a good way to save some coin if you’re moving massive # of orders and don’t want to purchase bags. I can’t think of another reason to hold onto them otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, sypsixcahs said:

This is probably a dumb question. But here it goes. I've been saving the boxes and parts bags as I build out my collection. I've mostly been keeping the parts bags thinking they might have some value. Is there any validity to this thought? 

Having the bags can increase the value of a set.

If nothing else, it can convey a sense of meticulous behavior regarding the previous owner, and would imply a greater likelihood that the set would be complete.

• Like 2

I regularly come across auctions of used sets where the set has been built back into the numbered bags.. so you could start building again from bag 1.. this helps sales a little I imagine. I personally like it when someone has done the sorting for me.. 

I also keep the parts bags myself after building a new set but that's more for the completeness. I like to have my sets neat and complete (including the empty bags). But hell no, I would not built it back into them LOL.

When I'm done building the set that's it. The set gets sold after some time as is or all the parts go into 1 big bag.

1 hour ago, Eric83 said:

I regularly come across auctions of used sets where the set has been built back into the numbered bags.. so you could start building again from bag 1.. this helps sales a little I imagine. I personally like it when someone has done the sorting for me.. 

I also keep the parts bags myself after building a new set but that's more for the completeness. I like to have my sets neat and complete (including the empty bags). But hell no, I would not built it back into them LOL.

When I'm done building the set that's it. The set gets sold after some time as is or all the parts go into 1 big bag.

When I deconstruct a set, I do it in reverse and put the pieces into numbered zip lock bags.

• Like 3