Spidey Senses say no...

knr

I have a buyer who made a not too terrible offer on an item.  It was auto declined but he has been messaging me.  Wants to purchase at his figure and then send me a USPS overnight shipping label- at his expense, because he wants it sooner.  We offer free economy shipping (which would be FedEx at $25... UPS overnight would cost me, through ebay, $135 where 2nd day would be $50ish).  Maybe he has a sweet shipping deal he can get on his end that I can't.. I don't know and I don't want to overly engage with him if I am not going to do it.

The only reason I have any thoughts of consideration is that they have over 3,000 feedback at 100%.

Anyone have experience with buyers wanting to pay for their own shipping as opposed to just paying more to upgrade on my end?

20 minutes ago, knr said:

I have a buyer who made a not too terrible offer on an item.  It was auto declined but he has been messaging me.  Wants to purchase at his figure and then send me a USPS overnight shipping label- at his expense, because he wants it sooner.  We offer free economy shipping (which would be FedEx at $25... UPS overnight would cost me, through ebay, $135 where 2nd day would be $50ish).  Maybe he has a sweet shipping deal he can get on his end that I can't.. I don't know and I don't want to overly engage with him if I am not going to do it.

The only reason I have any thoughts of consideration is that they have over 3,000 feedback at 100%.

Anyone have experience with buyers wanting to pay for their own shipping as opposed to just paying more to upgrade on my end?

What's the return address on the label? I bet it will not be yours.

• Like 1

Probably someone drop shipping to an Amazon or other customer, which for me personally is a no way. Check the feedback if its all buying and little selling thats an indicator. If not its highly doubtful they are getting a lower shipping rate than through eBay. Lastly using their label how will you have any proof the item was delivered or even shipped if things go sour.

Edited by junkrigger

Just now, junkrigger said:

Probably someone drop shipping to an Amazon or other customer, which for me personally is a no way. If not its highly doubtful they are getting a lower shipping rate than through eBay. Lastly using their label how will you have any proof the item was delivered or even shipped if things go wrong.

Yes, that's why my senses are up.  I've had drop shippers purchase other things without incident.  I ship with insurance and signature required for sets over $300.    He and his kid have to have this set to build.  That's the story I am getting on why he can't wait.  For a drop shipper to send a label that is 1/3 the cost of the item- that seemed steep.

Thanks Junkrigger- I will just tell him no.  Then pray that someone else buys it in the meantime.

I just dislike the general dishonesty of the amazon dropshippers, last one tried to say a $500 item was a gift for a friend, when they clearly had the same ebay and amazon user names and were clearly selling said item on amazon. Took 2 min to find this out yet still they said its for a friend. If the billing names or address don't match I insta cancel.  When I want to sell something on Amazon I do it myself. It could be legit except I dont believe a person could beat Ebay shipping prices with an hones size and weight label of their own. In my experience there is always another buyer maybe not today but if your price is good and fair market value it will sell,

Edited by junkrigger

MarleyMoose and Junkrigger   That is what I am afraid of - the shipping label will not protect me.  Just cause more headaches.  I don't need him to buy this.

He just made a higher offer - which I declined saying that we needed to work through his request to send me a shipping label.  He responded he is confused because I won't have any shipping fees so he is not sure why I will not accept his offer.

Seriously, he wants to pay a lot more in shipping but will not pay an additional $10 (now thats the difference) to just buy at the BIN price.  Nothing makes sense.  So I have blocked and he can buy it from someone else. We aren't the only one of these out there.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 4:44 PM, junkrigger said:

I just dislike the general dishonesty of the amazon dropshippers, last one tried to say a $500 item was a gift for a friend, when they clearly had the same ebay and amazon user names and were clearly selling said item on amazon. Took 2 min to find this out yet still they said its for a friend. If the billing names or address don't match I insta cancel.  When I want to sell something on Amazon I do it myself. It could be legit except I dont believe a person could beat Ebay shipping prices with an hones size and weight label of their own. In my experience there is always another buyer maybe not today but if your price is good and fair market value it will sell,

On 1/9/2022 at 4:17 PM, MarleyMoose said:

What's the return address on the label? I bet it will not be yours.

Wow he's confused why I will not let him ship the label to me and I will have 0 costs on my end.  He also said its for him and his son to build, so I do not have to worry about packaging it really well.   I think I am more upset by that statement.  See, I am a box snob and take great pride in my packing.  LOL  He's blocked now, so hopefully it's over.   With over 3000 feedback I expected more understanding from a buyer. 

Thanks all!  You just confirmed what my spidey senses were telling me.  Run.. Run

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, knr said:

Wow he's confused why I will not let him ship the label to me and I will have 0 costs on my end.  He also said its for him and his son to build, so I do not have to worry about packaging it really well.   I think I am more upset by that statement.  See, I am a box snob and take great pride in my packing.  LOL  He's blocked now, so hopefully it's over.   With over 3000 feedback I expected more understanding from a buyer. 

Thanks all!  You just confirmed what my spidey senses were telling me.  Run.. Run

The account might be hacked.  You do not get to 3000 feedbacks without knowing how things work on eBay

• Like 2