New Here - Seeking Advice

Hey all, my name is Chris and this is my first post to the forum.

I am seeking advice from the collective on suggestions on the best avenues to get LEGO Sets and Minifigs for lower costs (I know right, i'm sure no one is ever looking for that). I have only ever bought from Amazon, LEGO.com, and major retailers and I am sure there are some better ways out there. Recently my collection of LEGO was taken in the Colorado fires, so I am looking to rebuild, but obviously there is a price tag to that.

Any little tips and tricks is appreciated.

Thanks, 

Chris

Hey all, my name is Chris and this is my first post to the forum.
I am seeking advice from the collective on suggestions on the best avenues to get LEGO Sets and Minifigs for lower costs (I know right, i'm sure no one is ever looking for that). I have only ever bought from Amazon, LEGO.com, and major retailers and I am sure there are some better ways out there. Recently my collection of LEGO was taken in the Colorado fires, so I am looking to rebuild, but obviously there is a price tag to that.
Any little tips and tricks is appreciated.
Thanks, 
Chris
Sorry to hear that your collection was lost. Unfortunately there isn't any secret supply depot where everyone here gets stuff for 50% off. There isn't really going to be any fast way to rebuild your collection if you are on a budget. I recommend watching out for people selling stuff locally on FB Marketplace, OfferUp and Craigslist if you don't mind getting used sets. A lot of times you can find some really good deals on stuff from people who don't really know what they have, but you have to be patient and wait for the right listings. You can also set alerts on Ebay for specific sets and wait for lower listings.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear your collection was lost. I also live in CO and actually not far from where it happened. I frequent that Costco for my family's need and truly love that community.

Probably as others have already mentioned, if you are on a budget, rebuild your collection could be a long time journey especially if there were old rare sets in your collection. Aside from those big retailers, you can also go to BrickLink and BrickOwl searching for what you want.

I am running a small BrickLink & ebay store, but don't have super old stuffs. If you are interested, welcome to take a look.

• Thanks 1

Very sorry to hear about that. A large part of my collection was stolen a few years back...not as devastating as the fire must have been to you, but I can certainly empathize with the LEGO loss. Do you have a list of some of the sets that you lost? If I have an extra of any I'd be happy to send it to you at no cost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/7/2022 at 11:11 PM, Shortbus311 said:

Sorry to hear that your collection was lost. Unfortunately there isn't any secret supply depot where everyone here gets stuff for 50% off. There isn't really going to be any fast way to rebuild your collection if you are on a budget. I recommend watching out for people selling stuff locally on FB Marketplace, OfferUp and Craigslist if you don't mind getting used sets. A lot of times you can find some really good deals on stuff from people who don't really know what they have, but you have to be patient and wait for the right listings. You can also set alerts on Ebay for specific sets and wait for lower listings.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! 

11 hours ago, SLL said:

Sorry to hear your collection was lost. I also live in CO and actually not far from where it happened. I frequent that Costco for my family's need and truly love that community.

Probably as others have already mentioned, if you are on a budget, rebuild your collection could be a long time journey especially if there were old rare sets in your collection. Aside from those big retailers, you can also go to BrickLink and BrickOwl searching for what you want.

I am running a small BrickLink & ebay store, but don't have super old stuffs. If you are interested, welcome to take a look.

Thanks a bunch, glad to hear you were far enough away! It was certainly a crazy time. We got evacuated, then we learned one of the fox news crews were stationed almost right outside our home and we had to watch it all unfold on the news. Would love to take a look.

6 hours ago, BrickStanley74 said:

Very sorry to hear about that. A large part of my collection was stolen a few years back...not as devastating as the fire must have been to you, but I can certainly empathize with the LEGO loss. Do you have a list of some of the sets that you lost? If I have an extra of any I'd be happy to send it to you at no cost.

Thank you, losing LEGO in any capacity is never great. And oh my, I wouldn’t even know where to begin. Lots of Creator 3in1 buildings, townhomes, toy stores, surfer beach house, ferris wheel, etc. Various LEGO City houses, police stations, (ironically enough fire stations). Honestly, the lego minifig collection is probably what’s missed the most, had a little town we’d built up. Again, not at all necessary, but it is awesome just to see the LEGO community be pretty great. 

On 1/7/2022 at 11:48 PM, lodibricks said:

Welcome Chris!

I don't have much for tips & tricks, but there's a lot of fine people here that post deals when they see them and it's sometimes our best bet in getting some great prices.
Keep an eye on this thread:

This is awesome, thanks!