Europe Unite!

Alcarin

To sum it up, Ed and I know what needs to be done. We need to record all the retail prices for Germany, UK and Australia to match these new data feeds. If anyone here wants to volunteer to start putting this together in Excel so I can grab it and save me a boat load of time, that would be fantastic :) We have two major projects going on here at once. I now have the data to these new feeds, but there is still a lot of work to build it into the system to start grabbing the data. I would like to have it live for the next update, but no guarantees yet on that. If anyone is interested is helping to gather the data for these 3 regions, please let me know. I have all the current retails prices that are on the LEGO online store now, its getting the other 9000+ sets :) Jeff

Sorry that I missed this post earlier. We are taking our first real steps this month to make the site more "global." With the addition of the UK, German and Australian eBay feeds, we will start to give very accurate data for those countries. It will take several months to half a year to get enough data to start charts and graphs for these listings, but you have to start somewhere. This Terapeak data is extremely expensive and we just tripled our expenses to offer this data to non-US LEGO investors and collectors. In time, if we find that the added non-US feeds pay dividends for us and the Bricxkpicker members, maybe other countries will be added as well....like France, Italy, Spain, and Canada. The UK, Germany and Australia are huge LEGO markets, so it was a no brainer adding them. But other countries LEGO markets are not so large, so you have to factor the risk vs. reward in adding those country's data feeds.

Being from Germany I love that you are making the site more global. It seems that Brickset has a good database of various countries MSRPs. They also got a great Feature comparing current Prices across all European Amazons. Since you guys already seem to work with Brickset, maybe there is some potential to Exchange data.

To sum it up, Ed and I know what needs to be done. We need to record all the retail prices for Germany, UK and Australia to match these new data feeds. If anyone here wants to volunteer to start putting this together in Excel so I can grab it and save me a boat load of time, that would be fantastic :)

We have two major projects going on here at once. I now have the data to these new feeds, but there is still a lot of work to build it into the system to start grabbing the data. I would like to have it live for the next update, but no guarantees yet on that.

If anyone is interested is helping to gather the data for these 3 regions, please let me know. I have all the current retails prices that are on the LEGO online store now, its getting the other 9000+ sets :)

Jeff

I could assist you in that problem of acquiring retail but only after I finish my diploma, which should be around end of May.

Ill PM you then and we can work it out.

I personally dont care if graph shows Ebay US growth of value of sets, as long as starting retail price where CAGR is calculated comes from Europe for us (Germany is retail for majority of Europe anyway)