LEGO-Ideas-Sonic-Mania-Green-Hill-Zone-Design-Concept-640x360.png

LEGO-Ideas-21331-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Green-Hill-Zone-OGU4W-3-640x525.jpg

LEGO-Ideas-21331-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Green-Hill-Zone-OGU4W-11-640x231.jpg

LEGO-Ideas-21331-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Green-Hill-Zone-OGU4W-14-640x558.jpg

LEGO-Ideas-21331-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Green-Hill-Zone-OGU4W-31-640x427.jpg

No word on piece count or cost, here is the official press release:

LEGO IDEAS® ANNOUNCES A SUPERSONIC FAN DESIGN CREATION:
SONIC MANIA™ GREEN HILL ZONE

4th February 2021: LEGO Ideas® today announced they will be bringing SEGA’s® legendary speedster, Sonic the Hedgehog™, to brick form, thanks to a concept design submitted by 24 year-old, UK based, LEGO® superfan Viv Grannell. Viv, also a passionate Sonic fan, created her design as a submission to the LEGO Ideas® platform, a LEGO initiative that takes new ideas that have been imagined and voted for by fans and turns them into reality.

Viv’s design was inspired by SEGA’s critically acclaimed 2017 platformer experience Sonic Mania™, and features iconic characters and environments from the game’s Green Hill Zone level. Once the design was completed, it achieved the prerequisite 10,000 votes from LEGO fans worldwide – before being greenlit to go into production by the LEGO Group.

Talking about the winning idea, Viv Grannell said; “I’ve been invested in the world of Sonic for almost my entire life, and it’s such a perfect fit for the LEGO system that I spent about a year rallying support for it to happen. Having 10,000 people back my design was overwhelming enough, even with friends and family behind me, but having it be selected for further development was the most exciting secret I have ever had to keep!”

The Sonic Mania Green Hill Zone LEGO Ideas® design will now go into the product development phase, in partnership with SEGA® and once finalised will be available worldwide. Talking about the collaboration, Jason Rice, Director of Brand Licensing, SEGA® Europe Ltd, said; “At SEGA, we’ve always encouraged fans to take part in the legacy of the Sonic franchise through their own creations and it’s wonderful to see the tradition continued through the LEGO Ideas® program. We’re thrilled to partner with Viv and the LEGO Group, and hope to inspire fans to continue creating their own unique Sonic the Hedgehog™ experiences for generations to come.”

The Sonic Mania Green Hill Zone LEGO Ideas® design is the ultimate embodiment of Sonic the Hedgehog’s™ past and future as the franchise celebrates its 30th anniversary this June. Featuring a wide variety of elements inspired by Classic Sonic, the set will provide LEGO collectors and Sonic fans alike a truly supersonic LEGO experience.

• Like 4

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #039: 21331 - Sonic The Hedgehog Green Hill Zone
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Must be doing better here in the US. It is currently #32 on Amazon top 100 toy building block sets list.

There are differences across the pond, for example flintstones and sesame street won't do that well here. My litmus test is to ask my neighbours if they've watch something like Seinfeld. Guess what the answer is... Friends appears to be more popular though but not like the level in the states. 

27 minutes ago, coelian said:

There are differences across the pond, for example flintstones and sesame street won't do that well here. My litmus test is to ask my neighbours if they've watch something like Seinfeld. Guess what the answer is... Friends appears to be more popular though but not like the level in the states. 

Can you ask your neighbors how they feel about QE and Mickey Mouse Art?

20 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Can you ask your neighbors how they feel about QE and Mickey Mouse Art?

QE was at 30/40% off in europe, pretty sure its not going to do well here ans it stayed around for a bit.

I've stayed away from the second wave art sets, the mickey mouse set 43175 i recall clearly has a layer of dust of them at a popular dept store i go to.... If you are in europe I'm not sure if Disney related sets will do as well as in the US. Also the brick sketches sets... I did get a few of the Disney castles at a discount and keeping my fingers crossed there is no remake anytime soon. 

Also for some context i grew up in Singapore where we watched tons of US sitcoms and cartoons growing up. Here in Switzerland... Don't think they do the same. There are exceptions though, i was told BTTF is popular here. 

Edited by coelian

4 hours ago, coelian said:

QE was at 30/40% off in europe, pretty sure its not going to do well here ans it stayed around for a bit.

I've stayed away from the second wave art sets, the mickey mouse set 43175 i recall clearly has a layer of dust of them at a popular dept store i go to.... If you are in europe I'm not sure if Disney related sets will do as well as in the US. Also the brick sketches sets... I did get a few of the Disney castles at a discount and keeping my fingers crossed there is no remake anytime soon. 

Also for some context i grew up in Singapore where we watched tons of US sitcoms and cartoons growing up. Here in Switzerland... Don't think they do the same. There are exceptions though, i was told BTTF is popular here. 

But to be honest - the market in Switzerland is rather small and unique in its way, better research market would be Germany/France. The only thing which is huge is their buying power due to high salaries. I was on the Xmas market in Zurich some weeks ago and they charged 9.50 SFR for a nutella crepe, which is more than double the price here.

8 hours ago, coelian said:

It's been discounted constantly and only today got sold out on amazon.de when it's 50% off. don't have high hopes for this.

I am arguing If I should get some at 50% off, but I would only buy them because of the discount not because the set is on my buy list. Btw Amazon is just price matching.

11 hours ago, Sozial said:

But to be honest - the market in Switzerland is rather small and unique in its way, better research market would be Germany/France. The only thing which is huge is their buying power due to high salaries. I was on the Xmas market in Zurich some weeks ago and they charged 9.50 SFR for a nutella crepe, which is more than double the price here.

It is unique and also selling is easy here because I don't have to weight each and every parcel, just know if it's under 2 or 10kg. Don't get me started on cost of living, it took me years to get over it, I had friends visit us in summer. We were in Zermatt and he remarked at a fondue restaurant we just blew more than 200CHF on cheese, bread and wine. I tried asking for tap water and they told me it wasn't available. 😄 

Certainly opening up the sales to Germany or France would be great but I don't think I can get over the barriers to sell on amazon easily.

10 hours ago, Sozial said:

I am arguing If I should get some at 50% off, but I would only buy them because of the discount not because the set is on my buy list. Btw Amazon is just price matching.

You think this set will do well in Germany or it's for yourself.

21 minutes ago, coelian said:

It is unique and also selling is easy here because I don't have to weight each and every parcel, just know if it's under 2 or 10kg. Don't get me started on cost of living, it took me years to get over it, I had friends visit us in summer. We were in Zermatt and he remarked at a fondue restaurant we just blew more than 200CHF on cheese, bread and wine. I tried asking for tap water and they told me it wasn't available. 😄 

Every time I am there: I think nice landscape, but absolutly horrofic costs of living, but if you have a swiss salary you should be fine. 

21 minutes ago, coelian said:

You think this set will do well in Germany or it's for yourself.

I suppose, I am one a few here, who is only in the game for the money. In my world most of the legosets are pure dust collectors. There are few exceptions (10220, 10225 e.g.) which can be displayed in contrast If you have the right furnishings.

6 minutes ago, Sozial said:

Every time I am there: I think nice landscape, but absolutly horrofic costs of living, but if you have a swiss salary you should be fine. 

I suppose, I am one a few here, who is only in the game for the money. In my world most of the legosets are pure dust collectors. There are few exceptions (10220, 10225 e.g.) which can be displayed in contrast If you have the right furnishings.

Unless you grew up here or stayed a really long time it is still painful to shop here. I went to the Zurich lego store opening and the number of people willing to pay full Swiss rrp is mind boggling. 

Honestly i dont have that much space or time to build now as well. I'm also for it mainly for the money but am happy to spend some time building with the kids. Recently got some dots to build with them for fun when they were more than 50% off rrp but i would never invest in them! 

• Like 1