Harry Potter 2022

$20 on joe vs dan

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Someone posted pics of the entire January 2022 lego catalog online and not many surprises but the Clock Tower is getting remade. 

I thought the Clock Tower wasn't going until the end of next year? Not that it make much sense to keep the towers around for 1.5-3 years after EOL of the Great Hall that they attach to.

Edit: do you have a link?

Edited by BrickLover80

8 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

I thought the Clock Tower wasn't going until the end of next year? Not that it make much sense to keep the towers around for 1.5-3 years after EOL of the Great Hall that they attach to.

Edit: do you have a link?

My bad it’s not the Clock Tower pics were in German. I thought that is what it looked like but this video calls it the Hospital Wing. 

• 2 months later...

2022 Summer/Fall set list rumor popping up in a few places

Hogwarts Carriage - $20

Advent Calendar - $40

Sirius Black Rescue (POA) - $50

Dumbledore's Office - $80

Ministry of Magic - $100

Hungarian Horntail (Brick Built) - $50

Shrieking Shack - $90

Unknown - $120

Unknown - $470 (D2C)

I was hoping the D2C would be the Ministry of Magic, sigh. But $100 better than nothing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now we can start guessing what else it could be. Since Lego are liking stadia so much at the moment, could it be the quidditch stadium at large scale? Gringotts will always be a possibility (until they remake it) but $470 seems a bit higher than I'd expect. Other than those two, what else could it be given than the MoM is excluded?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Now we can start guessing what else it could be. Since Lego are liking stadia so much at the moment, could it be the quidditch stadium at large scale? Gringotts will always be a possibility (until they remake it) but $470 seems a bit higher than I'd expect. Other than those two, what else could it be given than the MoM is excluded?

Stadium sounds like something lego would do. Other thoughts I have heard is keeping with the Icons line a Sorting Hat but $470 seems steep for that. Hopefully, they just give us what we want:

9414ACF8-9823-4194-AB6A-2970D0EEC6AF.webp

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Forgot another possibility the existing $400 Hogwarts Castle micro scale set in the rock work has 2 hidden Technic pins for an expansion. 

This would be ideal, so many things could be included. Obviously it would  start with a castle expansion, but there could also be a microscale quidditch, Hogsmeade + Shrieking Shack, events from the 4th book (maze, Horntail arena), maybe some trees from the forest. Mostly though it would be awesome to get another portion of the castle

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Harry Potter Q3 sets popping up on IG.

Grimmauld Place 

Ministry of Magic

Dumbledore's Office

Shrieking Shack

Sirius Rescue

Hungarian Horntail 

Hogwarts Carriage

I think they did a great job on this wave. Early on I am loving the Grimmauld Place with the feature of 'hiding' the building.

Ministry of Magic could have been a lot better if they made it a $200 instead. 

Sirius Rescue and Dumbledore's office are sand green style again to build on the 20y anniversary line rather than the 2018 line

6 minutes ago, coelian said:

I'm glad there are some nice sets however the ministry of magic looks like it could do with a bump in parts count. It looks woefully incomplete. 

They probably want you to buy 10+ of those to match the scenes in the movie :D

All the remakes in HP line start to give me a headache

The Ministry is a big disappointment.

Just now, Darth_Raichu said:

They probably want you to buy 10+ of those to match the scenes in the movie :D

All the remakes in HP line start to give me a headache

Pretty much my thoughts.

33 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Any thoughts as to impact on whomping willow from the new version? To my unexpert eyes it seems like the new version is 10x better and it will be cheaper so im thinking its a KO to the old set which unfortunelty ive stockpiled

I still like the original Willow but but that's mostly because it attaches to the old Great Hall. As a stand-alone set, the new one is attractive. However, it's also $90, the old one was $70. If you got yours with an buy-in around 45, you should still be ok. Not great, but also not a disaster.

• Like 1

Idk, I think we can be thinking too much on these.  Whomping 75953 is a castle set with a car while Shrieking Shack is well, a shack with a big tree.  Totally different set.  Just "whomping" in the set makes us think otherwise.

The new horntail is more a display piece to go with Hedwig and Fawkes.  It could possibly affect a high ceiling but the return will still be there on 75946.

The carriages are from different movies, different characters, different followers.   75951 wasn't doing very well anyways and we can still recoup and move on.

Now that this is a permanent series everything will not be gold as the series ages.  Just think Star Wars . . .