Chinese New Year 2022

Pseudoty

I adore these and wish to see more sets which celebrate our various cultures. After all humanity is at its best when we create such as through the medium of art.

Speaking of which, a concept for the LEGO company's Art theme would be individual portraits of the main protagonists from "Journey to the West" that alternatively could be put together to amass a single large illustration showing all four traveling together against a brilliant background.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

CNY sets, Wow what kick in the blz to anyone that went deep on the Warrior Mech they already extended it by a year and then upgraded it with the Ultra Mech  

3D984FCA-14F3-4697-8F62-F11A28E1B358.jpeg

CBA63692-C22A-419E-8772-11D5739477E6.jpeg

I don't see it as an upgrade - its very, very similar as to be irrelivent to own both. Also at best it will be the same price (probably more), but without the side builds as a bonus. 

7 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

CNY sets, Wow what kick in the blz to anyone that went deep on the Warrior Mech they already extended it by a year and then upgraded it with the Ultra Mech  

That certainly does stink.  I love the MK Mech.  The new one is pretty ugly though.  It's like the low calorie version of the original.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scratchdesk said:

That certainly does stink.  I love the MK Mech.  The new one is pretty ugly though.  It's like the low calorie version of the original.

I know they are going for ultra / mega / upgraded Mech look, but this one barely looks like Monkey King.  It has a light brick so most likely $200 MSRP

Minifigs look cool though 

On 11/5/2022 at 6:20 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

I know they are going for ultra / mega / upgraded Mech look, but this one barely looks like Monkey King.  It has a light brick so most likely $200 MSRP

Minifigs look cool though 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/monkey-king-ultra-mech-80045

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lunar-new-year-parade-80111

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 11/6/2023 at 11:18 AM, Pseudoty said:

Both are absolutely exquisite. Beautiful. Gorgeous even! Especially that dragon of prosperity. Now there's a build for the heart. Many thanks to the designer behind that one.