Are Clone Wars Sets Good Investments?

Blackjack

Well, I would say that some of them are good investments, some aren't. For example, the Fresco Speeder obviously isn't a strong performer, but I would say any set that has at least 2 Jedi and a Clone in it is a winner. ;) I think that the "BARC Speeder and Sidecar" will do really well upon EOL and same goes for the AT-RT Walker. I love those sets!!

How about Saesee Tinn's Jedi Starfighter? It will likely be the only set ever to have Even Piell.

Yes, but not to criticize you or anything, but how iconic is Even Piell? I only know that he was on the Jedi Council after I Wookiepedia-ed him. I doubt that people will pay a load for him.

How about Saesee Tinn's Jedi Starfighter? It will likely be the only set ever to have Even Piell.

Um, I can strongly say no. The starfighter itself is great in dark green and white, and even the little repair droid is great. But the other two characters? They're kind of the turd in the punch bowl. I had to look past those two minifigures and use two different coupons to get myself to buy that one.

The ship and little droid are the true highlights of the set. The other two characters (jedi or not) will just drag this set down.

Already!?! Watch'oo talkn' bout' Willis!?!

I'm saying that for a Wal-Mart exclusive, that BARC Speeder is barely staying on the shelves at mine. It was there for a little while, but these last few trips nothing. It's way too early to be sold out already, but it does seem to be one that's hard to keep on the shelf for very long if at all. Course the same thing happened with Spiderman's Doc Ock Ambush from last year (another Wal-Mart exclusive), it was on the shelf maybe twice and sold out like crazy. Took months before they got any back in. Could be the same thing for the BARC Speeder the way that one has already done.

I think anything in the Clone Wars that also appeared in the actual prequel trilogy will hold it's value.

That makes the most sense. The trilogies will always be rereleased now and again, keeping those in the minds of the audience.

The TV series usually don't, causing designs specific to those to fade out.

Now that the Clone Wars have wrapped up I imagine that anything exclusive to them may either go way up in value or start to sink.

Sink or swim. It's do or die time!

I didn't realize it was a Walmart exlusive... we will digest this information... JK :D

Yep. Besides being the only store I've ever seen that set at, here's the sets page on Brickipedia with the info.

One thing that I still find confusing about this set, why does it say & show 2 Commando Droids in the bottom right corner yet only shows one riding that hovering bike....thing in the main image? Where's the second droid at? I've picked up the box and look at the back, still only one Commando Droid shown. Now I'm confused.

Yep. Besides being the only store I've ever seen that set at, here's the sets page on Brickipedia with the info.

One thing that I still find confusing about this set, why does it say & show 2 Commando Droids in the bottom right corner yet only shows one riding that hovering bike....thing in the main image? Where's the second droid at? I've picked up the box and look at the back, still only one Commando Droid shown. Now I'm confused.

I wonder the same thing when I looked at the box. It does come with two, but for some reason Lego only shows one on the box. Weird, right?