LEGO BOX QUALITY IS SUBPAR.

Lego boxes are crap. Years ago, they used to have some inner supports to keep the outer boxes from collapsing, but the new versions(even the large boxes), crumble like a house of cards. As a collector, it is hard to keep these boxes in MISB condition. Thoughts?

To be fair, TLG isn't interested in making boxes that will last forever so that we can make money later. For them, they just need to produce the cheapest box they can that will last a few weeks or months on a store shelf. Cheapest method (if you can't get original LEGO shipping cartons) is to grab some storage boxes and put your sets in them.

I'm not a big fan of the boxes myself. I loved the old style with the flip up flap(back in the 70s...LOL) and plastic see through cover so you could see the contents. They were very sturdy and attractive. The Giant Chess set(852293-1) had the coolest box IMO.

The boxes are very flimsy and the packaging techniques these big retailers use is even worse. I've had to return numerous boxes this year to Lego and Amazon for shoddy shipping. Not to mention Ebay sellers who wrap a Lego box with paper an expect it to ship safely. Clueless.