Amazon Warehouse Deals

Dunamis

Some may be aware of this but Amazon will sometimes list Lego sets as "used" if the box has been damaged in the warehouse. These don't seem to last long and are limited in quantity but I have found some good deals. Jabbas Palace for 75.00 Helm's Deep for 94.00 Hulk's Breakout 39.00 (not as good a deal as the others but still nice) The boxes come somewhat damaged but the sets are complete and otherwise new. There is free shipping since they are still being sold by Amazon but due to the box damage Amazon will not list them as new. With Jabbas Palace and Hulk's Breakout I will simply part out the set, selling the minifigures on Amazon and the sets with no minifigures on Ebay. Helm's Deep is just a great castle that I will build with my boys. After becoming aware of the warehouse deals I just checked on the set I was wanting on the Amazon site at random times throughout the week looking to see if there were any sets marked as "used." Hope this is helpful to someone! Also if anyone has ordered a wharehouse deal and the pieces themselves were broken or missing please comment, I have had good experiences so far with nothing but the box showing any damage.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that Amazon will list items from their own warehouses as used because of some box damage, but they have not been opened, no seals broken, everything is still intact, just the box having some wear & tear. An item that could be classified as 'New in sealed box', perhaps. Is that it?

All of the ones I have purchased so far could be classified as NIB, Orcking. Jabba's Palace had a small hole in the side of the box 1"x1/2" that had a piece of packing tape over it but it was still factory sealed. Third party Lego sellers on Amazon do not have the option to classify things as "used"; they can only sell "new" or "collectible" so if you see a Lego set marked as "used" it is one of the warehouse deals directly from Amazon and is actually new except for the box damage. This is my understanding of the system based upon selling on Amazon and buying some of the used "warehouse deals." If others have experience or knowledge of this it would be great to hear other opinions as well. For resale on Ebay you would need to note the box damage but could still list it as NIB.

too bad they don't ship to the US when it comes to warehouse deals :/

They do ship to the US. I think that the "Used" sets are just returns from a buyer who was not satisfied with the product. A lot of times, they will return it just because they don't want the product anymore and the set will still be in mint condition. Amazon gives the items small descriptions such as "Used" and "Like New" or "Item may come repackaged". Typically, the buyer can save at least 5% on a set which is pretty decent. Also, the Amazon Warehouse prices are subject to change depending on how long the item has been up and how many views, etc it has been getting.

Sounds kind of interesting but I'm puzzled as to why you see listings where used items are higher priced than new items? Can someone explain that oddity to me?

"Used" means a returned item. It doesn't necessarily mean that it has been opened though. Usually it will have a little more indepth discription like "Item may come repackaged" or something like that. Hope this helped! :)

I am not sure how they set their prices but they are certainly not all deals. From what I have seen and bought, the more expensive sets seem to have better warehouse deals. They also have warehouse deals on some retired sets but the used price is not that different from the new prices except that the used warehouse deals come with free Amazon shipping.

"Used" means a returned item. It doesn't necessarily mean that it has been opened though. Usually it will have a little more indepth discription like "Item may come repackaged" or something like that. Hope this helped! :)OK but I still do not understand why some "Used" listings are price higher than the same item is listed as "new". I would think new would should always be at least a little higher than the same item marked as used for whatever reason. But after reading this post earlier today I went looking and found several items listed as used with a higher price than the same item listed as used. Just makes no sense to me.

"Used" means a returned item. It doesn't necessarily mean that it has been opened though. Usually it will have a little more indepth discription like "Item may come repackaged" or something like that. Hope this helped! :)OK but I still do not understand why some "Used" listings are price higher than the same item is listed as "new". I would think new would should always be at least a little higher than the same item marked as used for whatever reason. But after reading this post earlier today I went looking and found several items listed as used with a higher price than the same item listed as used. Just makes no sense to me. Me too. Not sure what Amazon is thinking with that one. Probably a glitch in the system or something...

• 4 weeks later...

I gave this a try today. I just purchased the following since I plan to build these particular ones anyway, seemed like a better deal w/o having to buy multiples, price match, BOGO, etc. Tower Bridge for 206.70---may keep unopened, depending on the condition of the box The Mine for 73.20 Ghost Train for 53.37--never could find these on clearance. All were listed as "Used-Like New" so we'll see how they arrive. EDIT: Just checked Yoyo---The Mine and GT would have cost $10 more, so Amazon warehouse makes sense for this since I'm going to be opening.

Some may be aware of this but Amazon will sometimes list Lego sets as "used" if the box has been damaged in the warehouse. These don't seem to last long and are limited in quantity but I have found some good deals.

Jabbas Palace for 75.00

Helm's Deep for 94.00

Hulk's Breakout 39.00 (not as good a deal as the others but still nice)

The boxes come somewhat damaged but the sets are complete and otherwise new. There is free shipping since they are still being sold by Amazon but due to the box damage Amazon will not list them as new. With Jabbas Palace and Hulk's Breakout I will simply part out the set, selling the minifigures on Amazon and the sets with no minifigures on Ebay. Helm's Deep is just a great castle that I will build with my boys. After becoming aware of the warehouse deals I just checked on the set I was wanting on the Amazon site at random times throughout the week looking to see if there were any sets marked as "used."

Hope this is helpful to someone! Also if anyone has ordered a wharehouse deal and the pieces themselves were broken or missing please comment, I have had good experiences so far with nothing but the box showing any damage.

So how and where exactly do you see amazon used sets for sale?

NVM found it thanks anyway :P