Star Wars 2022

brickvoyeur

What are peoples thoughts on a potential slave 1 (firefly/flying thingy) rerelease - to me it seems obvious/no brainer/inevitable with Book of Bobba coming out. And sooner rather than later.

Have a bunch of slaves that i need to make a decision Q4 about.

Only reason TLG wouldnt make is banking on the $50 set as a sufficient set. Unclear if that is a strong counterargument. 

Edited by Bricklectic

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

What are peoples thoughts on a potential slave 1 (firefly/flying thingy) rerelease - to me it seems obvious/no brainer/inevitable with Book of Bobba coming out. And sooner rather than later.

Have a bunch of slaves that i need to make a decision Q4 about.

Only reason TLG wouldnt make is banking on the $50 set as a sufficient set. Unclear if that is a strong counterargument. 

even if a larger Boba Fett Ship is released it will not be the Anniversary Set with the unique Leia.  

All the Anni sets are getting love...even the little mini scene set GWPs.  Right now there's no current show but w/ Book of Boba, Mando, Kenobi, and Ahsoka...lots of SW hype 

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

In the UCS Gunship designer video that lego has now pulled there was a lightsaber hilt in the background and now it is an official set Luke’s Lightsaber. It is a GWP with the new UCS AT-AT 11/26/22. Pics in usual places. 

The large black box that it comes in screams part of the new helmet display type line.

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by brickvoyeur

46 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Indoor "throne room" setting, maybe? No outside view of the building. Done.

if so...no Jabba, no skimpy leia, no rancor, no bounty hunters,...no building/palace...just a fat twilek, dad body boba and Frenec...feels like a rip off at $99 (altho the recent emperor's throne room was also similarly limited and just as bad of a rip-off RRP)

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

14 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

if so...no Jabba, no skimpy leia, no rancor, no bounty hunters,...no building/palace...just a fat twilek, dad body boba and Frenec...feels like a rip off at $99 (altho the recent emperor's throne room was also similarly limited and just as bad of a rip-off RRP)

Sounds like a Disney dream comes true.

It will probably look like this but replace the ice monster with a rancor and the other Frozen characters with SW / Boba Fett characters.  Oh, and without the balcony / 2nd level :drag:

43172-1.jpg?201907130955

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the possible release of a new version of Jabba the Hutt's Palace (Boba Fett's Palace), the re-naming of Slave I and the subsequent discussion/controversy, the value of some associated sets have risen in value (as has been discussed), including the 2017 version of the Desert Skiff Escape (set 75174), after largely stagnating, rising in value because of the Boba Fett minifigure.  This set seemingly had a lot going for it: a limited 18 month run and a Target exclusive I think.  Its time has suddenly come.

FYI:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw0822#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

5 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

With the possible release of a new version of Jabba the Hutt's Palace (Boba Fett's Palace), the re-naming of Slave I and the subsequent discussion/controversy, the value of some associated sets have risen in value (as has been discussed), including the 2017 version of the Desert Skiff Escape (set 75174), after largely stagnating, rising in value because of the Boba Fett minifigure.  This set seemingly had a lot going for it: a limited 18 month run and a Target exclusive I think.  Its time has suddenly come.

FYI:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw0822#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

the 40 year anniversary is coming up for RotJ in 2023...I could see LEGO starting their anniversary releases next year in anticipation so the shelves would be fully stocked by 2023

If Empire Strikes Back was any indication; we can expect remakes (w/ ani badge) up the wazoo w/ "lame" commemorative MFs disbursed throughout.  In hindsight; all the ani sets are doing well (~x2-x3) in the aftermarket 'cept the last one which was the pod racer. 

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.png.a7be555f881945386dd285e1c8304a9c.png

image.thumb.png.172d777433f9e689d49c9f29059f5b90.png

They literally made the AT-ST based on the dinky alternate AT-ST that appeared in the background during the Battle of Hoth

image.png.7d3835360e4931fa99572d5720428700.png

75153 will retain its value based on looks alone, as it represents every other version of the AT-ST that is shown in media

image.png.39b91875ab9e7d9cf8cc1b3f0f14bb93.png

doing a quick stud count the new AT-ST is also smaller than 75153