City 2022

brickvoyeur

• 2 months later...
pics are up of all the other 2022 sets in the list plus Ninjago, Minecraft, Creator and Friends. 

http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_12/63DA9516-1F41-4B15-8EFB-5074FDBEA447.thumb.png.34ad3d5f1ef5f4d7d76f99e8b5a77ad3.png

Hospital looks cool. Huge Friends Main Street set. Rest look pretty lackluster to me. Except for that school!
13cf1c053c360bc014a266459a4604a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

RIP 60204 ?

I've been selling off the few I had left since word first came out a few months ago. Only have a damaged box one left ... worst case it becomes my builder.

60315 is more of a concern to me. The previous Police Mobile Command Center is still on shelves. I might need to finally sell my $7 ones I acquired 3+ years back :)

Edited by Phil B

I really don't like these city sets with the road plates taking up a significant amount of the parts build and getting these really small empty buildings in return. I would much rather have more building with a sidewalk that aligns with the road plates and just purchase the road plates separately. Also I know these sets are for kids but it seems like since last year many of the city sets are looking more cartoonish. The best looking set here imo is moon base. 

Edited by JoshB

36 minutes ago, JoshB said:

I really don't like these city sets with the road plates taking up a significant amount of the parts build and getting these really small empty buildings in return. I would much rather have more building with a sidewalk that aligns with the road plates and just purchase the road plates separately. Also I know these sets are for kids but it seems like since last year many of the city sets are looking more cartoonish. The best looking set here imo is moon base. 

Agree with your take. This is why I'm not having much concern over 60204 value stalling or declining. 

Is it normal for Lego to retire sets, and before they even have retired, introduce a new set that is practically similar? Why not run the current set longer? 

City theme for 2022 is coming out with fire station and police stuff very similar to what they currently have for sale. Maybe I am missing something, but it probably won't help the value go up on the soon to be retired sets 😭

Edited by Poncke

12 minutes ago, Poncke said:

Is it normal for Lego to retire sets, and before they even have retired, introduce a new set that is practically similar? Why not run the current set longer? 

City theme for 2022 is coming out with fire station and police stuff very similar to what they currently have for sale. Maybe I am missing something, but it probably won't help the value go up on the soon to be retired sets 😭

That is the norm for many in the City theme - Hospitals, Police Stations, and Fire Stations.

17 minutes ago, Poncke said:

The small sets in City are generally where the investment value is, not the large sets. There will always need to be a fire station, police station, etc on the market. But an airport fire truck? Nope.

17 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

The small sets in City are generally where the investment value is, not the large sets. There will always need to be a fire station, police station, etc on the market. But an airport fire truck? Nope.

Shoot, I have mainly the larger sets. Trains, ships, police-, fire station. 

Edited by Poncke

59 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

I agree. Many of the vehicles have given me good returns, airport fire truck being one of them. Also garbage trucks. Enthusiasts can never have enough vehicles for their cities.