Off the Radar

Are there any sets out there that you feel may be a sleeper or off the radar? Personally I feel that 10223 Kingdom's Joust has a lot of potential and yet isn't talked about much.

Excellent question. The Kingdom's Joust is a sleeper. I agree. 1500+ pieces and 9 minfigs is a nice sized set and offers decent value for the money. As for one of my sleepers, I like the 10231 Shuttle Expedition. It's currently on sale on Amazon. Nice set. 1200+ pieces. Cool design. Not talked about a lot. Sculpture sets usually do well after EOL.

LEGO set 10230 Mini Modulars, 1356 pieces for I believe $80 us. This set is exclusively for LEGO VIP members only and that in itself should make it a little more uncommon on the secondary market. Although this set consist of all small bricks the build is awesome and the experience is worth the price. This set is somewhat of a gamble. If in three years LEGO releases another set using the 5 newest modulars, look for this set to skyrocket. If not, I still see this set turning a decent profit.

I'd say any MISB/very lightly used Star Wars Episode 2 and 3 sets are bound to Skyrocket as they remake them now. It's not entirely likely, but there's definitely no loss in them! Lego Batman sets, too! The small $10 sets with good minifigures are going to go up in value sooooo much; Batman's Dragster w/ Catwoman (7779) is like $100 MISB, which is a 1000% increase!

LEGO set 10230 Mini Modulars, 1356 pieces for I believe $80 us. This set is exclusively for LEGO VIP members only and that in itself should make it a little more uncommon on the secondary market. Although this set consist of all small bricks the build is awesome and the experience is worth the price. This set is somewhat of a gamble. If in three years LEGO releases another set using the 5 newest modulars, look for this set to skyrocket. If not, I still see this set turning a decent profit.

I agree. I love this set and mini sets in general. They usually give a nice bang for your investment buck.

I'd say any MISB/very lightly used Star Wars Episode 2 and 3 sets are bound to Skyrocket as they remake them now. It's not entirely likely, but there's definitely no loss in them! Lego Batman sets, too! The small $10 sets with good minifigures are going to go up in value sooooo much; Batman's Dragster w/ Catwoman (7779) is like $100 MISB, which is a 1000% increase!

STAR WARS sets are like money in the bank. Yes, small sets with multiple minifgures are fantastic values, like the Battle Packs.

This one will get you saying "WHAT" LEGO set 7189 Mill Village Raid. 663 pieces, 6 minifig and $70 us retail. Following up to a very successful Medieval Marketplace LEGO releases this set in May of 2011. One year latter it's discontinued and now can only be found in a handful of stores. Although demand for this set will not be as high as the Medieval Marketplace, they go so well together people will be looking for it. Since this set has been off the radar and with such a short shelf life, supply will be very limited. It will take some time but expect a sure return on this investment.

This one will get you saying "WHAT"

LEGO set 7189 Mill Village Raid. 663 pieces, 6 minifig and $70 us retail.

Following up to a very successful Medieval Marketplace LEGO releases this set in May of 2011. One year latter it's discontinued and now can only be found in a handful of stores. Although demand for this set will not be as high as the Medieval Marketplace, they go so well together people will be looking for it. Since this set has been off the radar and with such a short shelf life, supply will be very limited. It will take some time but expect a sure return on this investment.

I don't know. Kingdoms sets take a long time to appreciate IMO. Maybe this set is an exception, like the Medieval Market Village, but as a whole, the Kingdoms sets are rather uninteresting.......to me anyway.

With the official announcement that Ninjago will be discontinued next year and with possibly only one more release, I'll be watching set #9449 Ultra Sonic Raider. It has 622 pieces, 6 minifigs and retails for $80 US. At $80 I feel theres not too much bang for your buck here, but like all Ninjago sets look for this one to be discounted. Now at $50-$60 this should be a good investment. You may sit on it for a few years, but this being the only set with all 4 ninjas, you should be able to turn a good profit.