Thoughts and insight please

Alcarin

That set originally retailed for $49.99, so that's $22.49 (35%) off for your deal. There are a few pieces in certain colors that are rare, an Imperial Officer, a Snowman R2-D2, and of course Santa Maul. Worst case, you'd have to part out the set. (With 234 parts, $27.50 would be $0.12 cents a piece.) As far as selling the set itself, I'm not the best at that kind of expertise. I know someone else here that has better experience with selling these holiday items.

That set originally retailed for $49.99, so that's $22.49 (35%) off for your deal.

There are a few pieces in certain colors that are rare, an Imperial Officer, a Snowman R2-D2, and of course Santa Maul.

Worst case, you'd have to part out the set. (With 234 parts, $27.50 would be $0.12 cents a piece.)

As far as selling the set itself, I'm not the best at that kind of expertise.

I know someone else here that has better experience with selling these holiday items.

Well i see (Brickpicker) that new goes for like 31

I really enjoy the advent calendars. While the market is currently flooded with them they are fun annual gifts. If you can get it at a discount like you are saying then paying a little over 2 bucks a piece for a minifigure is a great deal, especially for Star Wars with a couple of seasonal ones to boot. I don't really count any of the pieces since they remind me the table scraps of Lego, though the designers can be quite clever with their designs. I guess overall I would say buy it if you want it for yourself. I've been buying this as a long term resale. So long as they keep cranking out the calendars I follow the belief that their value will go back up either as a sealed box or to resell unique minfigures.

Now that I can answer! With a resounding "YES!" no less. This year's advent calendar for Star Wars will have a Santa Jango Fett and kid Boba Fett, and supposed to retail for $39.99. CITY and FRIENDS will get another advent calender this year as well. I guess that Lego learned that they can't sell an Advent Calendar with 234 pieces for $50 and expect it to sell....