71030 - Minifigures - Looney Tunes

Alpinemaps

This rumor has been spinning for a while now though such could be more of wishful thinking than anything. Today's date does not help for starters and while the character sheet appears to be decently done, a couple nitpicks from me would be the choice of Petunia Pig and Lola Bunny's attire.

Honestly how much screen time has Petunia Pig had over 80 years since her introduction in 1937 with majority of them being cameos of different shorts I believe. There does seem to be some pairing here in character choices and Porky with Petunia do go well together.

Regarding Lola Bunny, I think the outfit here is based around her original model reference sheet sporting a yellow tube-top instead of the original in-movie white one bringing another point of why isn't she based around her "less sexualized" redesign for the upcoming Space Jam 2. Thankfully she is not but the point still remains.

Also why does Taz have a tail peeking behind his head when he barely had a stub for one. I mean it was there but not that long.

In any case if this is legitimate then hopefully there shall be another series to follow for the likes of Foghorn Leghorn with George P. Dog and Pepe Le Pew alongside Penelope Pussycat in spite of the "normalizing rape culture" some media 'maroon' is trying to spin around the scandalous skunk.

• Like 1

Yes you’re right the date sucks for this news. However, I’ve been tracking this for awhile. I’ve seen leaked photos of a couple figs. Plus a leaked list of figs which matches the pics that were posted here earlier (since deleted). I’ve also seen another leaked pic that shows the packaging. I’m rating this as true for the overwhelming evidence I’ve been seeing for weeks not just today.

As far as leaked pics - please don’t post. We don’t need the Macs to get in trouble with LEGO. My understanding is that LEGO has softened their stance on the discussion of leaks - you’re free to discuss away - but don’t be sharing leaked photos. This set is still rumored and not officially announced.

• Like 2

Yes, I’m a little disappointed in Taz and Marvin. They could’ve used the Powerpuff mold.
I really don’t like the road runner. It didn’t translate well.
And I’m a little surprised they made Porky with no pants. Wonder if they opted not to have a squiggly tail.

23 minutes ago, donbee said:

I really don’t like the road runner. It didn’t translate well.

I totally agree.

The RR is one LEGO might have been better off using a friends MF build to better capture the long skinny legs.  If it was too difficult to mix MF types for the series, LEGO could have made it a polybag.

I also feel like Tweety should have been the size of baby yoda (Grogu).

Marvin the Martian is so skinny, he is difficult to capture as a MF.  However, his helmet and skirt should be Olive colored not green.

Edited by exracer327

17 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If it is true, then this would be a great marketing synergy with the Space Jam 2 movie coming up in summer

Bingo!

“U can’t catch me cancel culture. I’m the fastest mouse in all of Mexico,” tweeted comedian Gabriel Iglesias, who’s voicing Speedy in the upcoming "Space Jam" reboot.

Edited by BricksBrotha
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...