Too Many Yodas

Blackjack

With the release of the new Yoda/Dooku duel this summer, there will be five Lego Yodas, (including Santa Yoda.) Does anyone think that this is too many or it will hurt the Yoda secondary market? Having the original Yoda myself, I certainly don't want them resurecting him in a new set after eight years, but at the same time, I'm apprehensive that the new one may hurt the original's value, (since they look so similar.)

R2-D2 is the same way. They have released him so many times over the years. If only they could change it up and add his missing third leg.

Now that is an idea that Lego should listen to. I have seem mods online for the R2D2 but I prefer Lego to just make it so I can buy it, the lazy way out.

This link is a plug for lifelites.com I suppose but it is amazing what they did if you haven't seen it before.

With the release of the new Yoda/Dooku duel this summer, there will be five Lego Yodas, (including Santa Yoda.) Does anyone think that this is too many or it will hurt the Yoda secondary market? Having the original Yoda myself, I certainly don't want them resurecting him in a new set after eight years, but at the same time, I'm apprehensive that the new one may hurt the original's value, (since they look so similar.)

I have to admit I think its perfect. This new Yoda should be their go to for all sets movibg forward. So you have original, Santa, clone wars white hair and clone wars gray hair currently. Well Santa is stand alone and Clone Wars models have that crazy "animation" look to them.

Let's face it, we need a new Yoda that isn't going to hurt value of 2001 Yoda and that doesn't have that silly clone wars face. Love it. Only makes me love my original more.

Can't imagine this hurting original's price at all.

Just wait until the new Yoda movie and the increase of him into those new sets!