Why the obsession over NINJAGO Movie City Docks 70657?

Smallboo

I’m stressed out- and I know so may of you are too- so to cope, I’ve been on the hunt for a few sets that have eluded me over the years. Great Deals specifically, money is TIGHT 🙃(Now is the time for people in $ pickles to dump collections you know)

I collect SW, Architecture, HP, Creator, Ideas... typical collector themes. I also love and collect (old & new) Bionicle and Ninjago. I can’t keep up with every  new Ninjago set, so I generally stick to the dragon, mech, and large building sets.

Recently I purchased the just released Ninjago Legacy City Gardens 71741, and realized that I never bought the Ninjago Movie City Docks 70657. I do have the Ninjago Movie City 70620, and the Docks seemed to me to be a necessary companion to join the City and Gardens sets. 

‘Necessary’ has turned into ‘probably not gonna happen’ as soon as I started my eBay search. What is up with these Ninjago sets ?!? I mean, I love Ninjago, but the Docks is running about 750.00 USD new, and the City is a bit more. 

If you purchased multiples either of these sets you’re benefiting right now. And I don’t see Lego reReleasing either one -ever- 

It kills me to pass it up, I’m dying for the Docks now that I see the value...

I’d love to hear some opinions on from all of you —why do you think these have become as collectible as some SW or Creator sets? 

😉PS—IF you have one for sale, on ‘SALE’ lmk

Edited by Smallboo