2021 Vidiyo

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Report from local lego store. Since they know the order is out online employees were mixing them up in the box prior to placing them out for sale.  So bring your scale ;)

Why would they do that, mist of the lego shops I've been to the employees were quite nice. Some even volunteer to smoosh for you. 

When I was more of a noob at smooshing I almost want to bring a scale, the problem is sometimes there are price tags and that messes things up. I used to have a pocket scale that can supposely weight precious gems. 

Edited by coelian

27 minutes ago, coelian said:

Why would they do that, mist of the lego shops I've been to the employees were quite nice. Some even volunteer to smoosh for you. 

When I was more of a noob at smooshing I almost want to bring a scale, the problem is sometimes there are price tags and that messes things up. I used to have a pocket scale that can supposely weight precious gems. 

The Vidiyo figures are in bags, inside sealed boxes so it is completely at random unless you find a new box.  Some people thought that the variations of codes on the box could decipher the figures, but you cannot.

4 minutes ago, supergman said:

The Vidiyo figures are in bags, inside sealed boxes so it is completely at random unless you find a new box.  Some people thought that the variations of codes on the box could decipher the figures, but you cannot.

What I meant was lego employees (been to quite a few shops in us and europe) are usually quite nice and help customers out. I don't understand why they would deliberately want to mess up the order unless they are just refilling empty boxes. 

I do have a complete set from buying an entire column. 

17 minutes ago, coelian said:

I heard stores no longer allow people to smoosh CMF bags.  The store associates grab them randomly from behind the counter after you tell them how many you want.  It is most likely the same deal with these

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I heard stores no longer allow people to smoosh CMF bags.  The store associates grab them randomly from behind the counter after you tell them how many you want.  It is most likely the same deal with these

Oof that sucks, well there is still target and Walmart. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, that didn't last long . . . Promobricks is reporting the following rumor (nothing confirmed as of yet) that Vidiyo is done after half a year. Imagine the amount of $$$ that LEGO poured into the app. Jesus. Tiles will be worthless soon as the app depreciates. Figures will have a somewhat cool factor for a bit, but not at $20. 

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-vidiyo-wird-eingestellt/127968/

It should be the big thing again, but that's over now: LEGO VIDIYO will be off the market again after less than half a year. As we have learned from a reliable source, a third wave of LEGO VIDIYO sets are no longer being delivered to dealers. They also have the option of canceling orders that have already been placed. This will particularly affect the second collector's figure series announced for October

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

These are either going to rocket to the moon like Hidden Side final wave, or be so obscure that no one knows about them and end up worthless. 

Place your bets folks

worthless. been saying this since first announced. Lego doubled down on stupid after seeing how bad hidden side did. and that was WITH very cool HS sets.

Apparently HR over in Billibund mixed up the pink slips and promotions for the HS group.

Cant understand why they wont bring back castles but are willing to spend millions on this unasked for loser of a theme

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

worthless. been saying this since first announced. Lego doubled down on stupid after seeing how bad hidden side did. and that was WITH very cool HS sets.

Apparently HR over in Billibund mixed up the pink slips and promotions for the HS group.

Cant understand why they wont bring back castles but are willing to spend millions on this unasked for loser of a theme

Agreed. Play the hits LEGO, and bring back Castle. They're leaving serious money on the table. I think they'll get the point when they see the sales of 31120.

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Well, that didn't last long . . . Promobricks is reporting the following rumor (nothing confirmed as of yet) that Vidiyo is done after half a year. Imagine the amount of $$$ that LEGO poured into the app. Jesus. Tiles will be worthless soon as the app depreciates. Figures will have a somewhat cool factor for a bit, but not at $20. 

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-vidiyo-wird-eingestellt/127968/

Where have I seen this before 🤔

99-Cents-Only-Store-LEGO-Dimensions-Pack 

• Like 2

Where have I seen this before
99-Cents-Only-Store-LEGO-Dimensions-Packs-January-2017-Clearance-USA.jpg 

Hell of an ROI on those. Although I still see CL postings for some of those sets.

I think I was close to 100 Doctor Who Cybermen/Dalek sets because I wanted to create an army. Down to 10 or so now - because they were moving at a good clip last summer.
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Hell of an ROI on those. Although I still see CL postings for some of those sets.

I think I was close to 100 Doctor Who Cybermen/Dalek sets because I wanted to create an army. Down to 10 or so now - because they were moving at a good clip last summer.

Not all Dimensions packs were created equal.  Some were 🤑 a lot were 👎.

Admittedly, even those $1 Bad Cops Fun Packs eventually hit $10 on eBay :P

While Dimensions may be tied to a series of consoles which will inevitably be unsupported in due time, the base video game was great fun easy enough for anyone to dive into. (The cutscenes were done really well to boot.) Hidden Side was a quirky experimental romp through "augmented reality" with builds good enough to stand on their own outside of the program including all the unique characters. Unfortunately it too shares the same ill fate of being unsupported in the near future outside something of a backup on the LEGO Company's server.

Regarding Vidiyo, I could understand their concept in trying to make a safe social platform for children to create and share quick music videos. If there is anything I will commend them for is their emphasis on safety. (Much as Fortnite for example being the big thing, how many parents let their kids partake in the forums for that multiplayer competitive/cooperative online game?)

What I saw with Vidiyo, the process from start to finish was limited, bizarre, and ultimately repetitious. Something around a hundred different printed tiles made to insert various effects and moves into a video project yet they are all the same from one to the next except this had more sparkles while that more lens flare and those more doots.

Though I stand by believing these (Vidiyo) minifigures are part of the most fun and creative lineup for a collectable minifigures esque theme, I simply cannot endorse the cost of the "Beat Box" sets essentially shelling $20 for a single character with some special tiles on top of a stand inside a plastic case. Even if they retailed for half that amount, I would find the pill hard to swallow still honestly. Then there is the subject of the blind boxes replacing the former blind bags crossing that line right over into a real life loot crate. I suppose if there were any consolation prize, these blind boxes forced casuals into buying the minifigures they actually wanted from the secondary market.

Now I remember Dimensions being advertised everywhere, Hidden Side somewhat, Vidiyo however outside of the few promos before and after the official launch turn up a blank. Those few did stand out but where was the rest to carry the theme onward? For as much as time, effort, and funds the LEGO Company banked on this, they should have pushed it just as hard as Dimensions had been.

They tried so hard and got so far but in the end it doesn't even matter.

• Like 1