Which boxes have 3 complete sets and which have 2?

Sauromosis

Yeah. Starting with Series 9, the boxes are half the size (instead of a box of 60 minifigs, now it's 30) and the ratio is all messed up. Before it was more like 3-4-5, whereas now it's 2-4-6. The ones were you get six is okay for those 'army builder' ones, but what about the smaller ratio ones? Whether or not those are 'army builder'-esque, the new ratio only makes finding so much as one way more difficult. (Unless the minifig is one nobody really cares about for some reason, which just makes it easier for me to have at them!) For instance, the "Waiter" for Series 9 is one that has the smallest ratio and yet I just found five at the closest Five Below store just the other day now! SCORE!!!! Oh, and you can't have them. So don't even ask. Anyway, with the way how the boxes for these are being done anymore, I'd only buy a box for myself if the ratio worked towards my favor of getting certain amounts of characters. Otherwise, I'll just stick to smooshing. It takes a LONG time when you're starting from scratch on a new series, but the payoff is definately worth it.

Yeah. Starting with Series 9, the boxes are half the size (instead of a box of 60 minifigs, now it's 30) and the ratio is all messed up. Before it was more like 3-4-5, whereas now it's 2-4-6. The ones were you get six is okay for those 'army builder' ones, but what about the smaller ratio ones? Whether or not those are 'army builder'-esque, the new ratio only makes finding so much as one way more difficult. (Unless the minifig is one nobody really cares about for some reason, which just makes it easier for me to have at them!)

For instance, the "Waiter" for Series 9 is one that has the smallest ratio and yet I just found five at the closest Five Below store just the other day now! SCORE!!!! Oh, and you can't have them. So don't even ask.

Anyway, with the way how the boxes for these are being done anymore, I'd only buy a box for myself if the ratio worked towards my favor of getting certain amounts of characters. Otherwise, I'll just stick to smooshing. It takes a LONG time when you're starting from scratch on a new series, but the payoff is definately worth it.

Is it 30 starting with Series 10?

I have a box of 60 Series 9 in transit.

I would happily go smooshing for the rarer ones (Waiter, Hollywood Starlet, Roller Derby Girl, Forest Maiden, Fortune Teller and Plumber) but K-Mart are charging a whopping $6 a fig here in Australia.

Will have to suss out some other sources I think.

Then again, army builders may be more willing to trade as an alternative.

Is it 30 starting with Series 10?

I have a box of 60 Series 9 in transit.

I would happily go smooshing for the rarer ones (Waiter, Hollywood Starlet, Roller Derby Girl, Forest Maiden, Fortune Teller and Plumber) but K-Mart are charging a whopping $6 a fig here in Australia.

Will have to suss out some other sources I think.

Then again, army builders may be more willing to trade as an alternative.

There are regular sized 60 minifigs a case boxes for Series 9 as well as the new 30 standard. I think they're doing a sort of half-n-half routine with the different boxes themselves. Possibly getting rid of what they have left over of the original standard boxes for Series 9 before 10 comes around which is pretty soon. (Beginning of May I think. I'm not exactly positive at the moment.)

I heard first it was going to start with Series 10 or 11, but the cases I saw for Series 9 were the smaller 30's. LEGO could be trying to push the smaller size on the US consumers before other markets of the globe. Or not, heck if I know. Heh.

I will say this from my recent smoosh-a-thon, the "Roller Derby Girl" is the rarest one to find! I barely found one out of three different cases! Second is a tie between "Hollywood Starlet", "Chicken Suit Guy", and "Forest Maiden". Third is the "Plumber" and "Fortune Teller". Fourth seemed to be oddly the "Waiter" and "Judge". Had no problem finding the "Cyclops" and "Policeman". The others were in the middle somewhere.

I'm sorry, I keep forgetting about just how much everyone else in the world pays out through the nose. From that one 60 case, you should get two complete sets of 16 characters. I have a very specific ratio somewhere. Hang on.

It is cool, I have the ratio here. I used to keep one set for myself, make two other complete sets and sell those off. Now of course it isn't so easy, so tracking down an extra 6 figures because they are more limited in boxes is painful. It is awesome for people who want to build larger armies, not so for those making complete sets. Now a box yields less, and I possibly have to spend more to make that third set, so I won't be buying the boxes in the quantity I used to.

That's okay. I needed to dig up this link & image anyhow. Don't know how I lost it in the first place. Oh well. Let's see, this ratio is for a box of 60, so in my limited intelligence I would gather that one would just simple split the ratio in half for the smaller 30's which would look like.

1 Waiter

1 Forest Maiden

1 Plumber

1 Hollywood Starlet

1 Roller Derby Girl

1 Fortune Teller

2 Chicken Suit Guys

2 Roman Emperors

2 Judges

2 Mermaids

2 Battle Mechs

2 Mr Good and Evils'

3 Policemen

3 Cyclops'

3 Heroic Knights

3 Alien Avengers

....Man, that ratio stinks. Makes me feel even luckier to find to ones I had, honestly.

And there is always the luck of the draw. Some kid wanting the Alien Avenger ends up with a Fortune Teller and gets the only one in the box.

Such is life.

And you definitely did very well.

That is true.

And thank you. The whole smooshing experience left me spent but I'm proud of the results.

Now I just need to design that fancy restaurant for all those waiters!