LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

• Captain_Obvious changed the title to 2021 LEGO VIP Collectible Coin Series
14 hours ago, Arcanum777 said:

When you add the redemption code to your cart, does it show up as an item? I tried but didn’t see anything aside from the sets I was buying.

thanks

Same for me.  Also, it appears you can take the free polybag and redeem a VIP gift in the same order.  When I put the VIP coin code in the payment VIP section it rejected it because it wasn't 12 characters.

VIP points should just be a category at checkout. “Would you like to apply points towards the purchase?” coins and any other vip bonuses could just be added to your shopping bag and then points used at checkout if you so wished.

why there is a separate experience and the need to use vouchers is beyond me. Awful user experience in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

why there is a separate experience and the need to use vouchers is beyond me. Awful user experience in my opinion. 

I believe that's the point...pun not intended

Once they changed to a point system  that is both hard to remember and hard to calculate easily it was a clear show of a strategy to add obstacles at every turn to discourage the typical buyer from ever using points (which will eventually expire) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Why do you guys want these coins? Seems like clutter & a waste of valuable points. Any chance these become valuable? I don't see it. 

To a point, they certainly have some value (certainly more than the value of VIP points).

Now, should they have value? probably not - But will they have value? yes

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

Why do you guys want these coins? Seems like clutter & a waste of valuable points. Any chance these become valuable? I don't see it. 

Even if I got the coin the box will end up somewhere obscure and I will have forgotten all about it

Fast forward couple of years...in the "What Did You Sell Thread", a BPer mentions selling his coin for $100...and by then I have long forgotten where I put the darn thing.

So even if this actually takes off...sadly, it's a lose lose for me.

I lost my Hasbro 501st Clone Trooper pack and had to refund $130...basically anything nonLEGO set doesn't "fit" my inventory system.  [yes, I know that's pretty lame...but please feel free to shame me further]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

So wait, I can give up my VIP points to get these coins and the case instead of actual lego, but I can only do it in 6 separate transactions? and the total equivalent cost will be ~$60 plus the cost of whatever I have to purchase in order to not pay shipping on each of these transactions? Lego really does have evil geniuses working for them... sign me up!

• Like 2

I can’t believe none of the 40 somethings on this thread have mentioned, mused or asked about the classic space coin. Space. Coin. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw someone buy a whole ice cream cake with a space coin at 31 flavors last night. 

How / when can I get my hands on that? Anyone? Bueller? 

• Like 3

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion