LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

6 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I redeemed a Pirates coin but have yet to place an order to get it. Does my redemption hold the coin for me if it sells out?

It should, but you still only have 60 days to redeem from when you got the code. I don’t think the coin itself is selling out but rather codes for it.

I placed my order to get the Castle one a few days after the codes were sold out.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Oh man, my rewards are just starting to stack up haha.  Does anyone have experience with them shipping rewards, even with a small item such as a key chain or poly?

Edit: Yes but standard shipping charges will be added ($4.95) b/c the $35 threshold was not met. 

Yea, I do that all the time. Sometimes I have something backorder along with reward, I would add a keychain or minifigure to get the reward shipped with it first. 

• Thanks 1

For all those keeping these still in wrapping you may want to check the quality of the coin/case. I opened the wrapping on both my coins and case and have to say that the quality is quite shocking.

The case had a huge scratch down it and plenty of others to boot. 

The coin quality is just very poor on inspection. 

I had to open to check as tbh and I'm glad I did. I would expect returns if the damage etc wasn't mentioned.

3 hours ago, raulaco said:

For all those keeping these still in wrapping you may want to check the quality of the coin/case. I opened the wrapping on both my coins and case and have to say that the quality is quite shocking.

The case had a huge scratch down it and plenty of others to boot. 

The coin quality is just very poor on inspection. 

I had to open to check as tbh and I'm glad I did. I would expect returns if the damage etc wasn't mentioned.

Good advice. Has anyone here asked and received a replacement when their coin/case was damaged? I'm curious if they have extras for replacements.

I've claimed mine and had some shipping issues so actually have a double of the coin holder. I bought an additional castle coin from the UK. I think these will be worth a decent amount in due time. Instructed my family member with VIP to claim when they come out.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:46 PM, oneknightr said:

Good advice. Has anyone here asked and received a replacement when their coin/case was damaged? I'm curious if they have extras for replacements.

I have my doubts they will have replacements.

20 minutes ago, sodoubleoggood said:

Does anyone have any tips on how to screw the case back together?  My coin was upside down so I unscrewed it to flip it the correct way and it's next to impossible to screw back together.  I totally regret doing this.

Only way I could do it (the case for mine had a lot of residue that I had to clean) was with a set of locking pliers to keep the screw from rotating. 

8 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Whats everyone's thoughts. Keep it sealed and hope for the best or remove to inspect? will it hurt the value removing the wrapping?

I can clearly see my coin is upside-down and lose but I cant see the paintjob. 

I'm keeping the wrapping on since I think that'll get the most in resell value. I'll make sure to put a disclaimer in there about not knowing the condition of the coin since it's unwrapped and new. 

• Like 2

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion