Darth Lego from Minnesota

Hi all, I've been on this site for a little over a month, but I never really introduced myself. I'm a 14 year old collector/builder. (Almost 15.) I found this site after seeing a Brickshow video and I've been hooked ever since. I live just south of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. My first big Lego set was the Jabba's Sail Barge and it is still one of my favorites. (I got it in 2007.) I've bought more and more Lego since, but I'm limited to a certain point because of money. I have a pretty small collection and all but a handful of the sets are not built. I buy/sell sets with parent permission so sometimes it can be hard to get a set. (: I also make some money selling custom minifigures on eBay using my parent's account. I actually really enjoy all the subjects at school besides art and I'm also an avid writer and history buff. (WW2.) Looking ahead, I will probably end up having my "Dark Age" starting within the next year. It just unfortunately seems inevitable as I get further along into high school and as sports, girls, cars, and Boy Scouts take over. (I'm a Life scout so Eagle is my next rank.) Even now I don't spend near as much time building with my Lego as I used too. I will probably still use Brickpicker though because I like it so much. Lots of nice people on here and everyone is helpful. I would like to thank Ed and Jeff for the hard work they put into this awesome site. If anyone would just like to talk about Lego in general, please PM me. (There should be a new acronym: TFOL = Teen Fan of Lego.) (: - Darth Lego

Is there an antidote that prevents a dark age? :)

Never moving out of parents house? :)

Parents make you feel guilty about playing with LEGO sets as a kid. "Oh, you should be outside with your friends!" Blah..blah...blah... Some of my happiest times on this planet were in my room on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, with thousands of LEGO bricks scattered around on the carpet, building spaceships and vehicles. I would be watching Godzilla movies or some monster movie and I would have a blast.

Don't grow up too soon and never stop playing with LEGO bricks if you can help it. If someone gives you a hard time, you can talk about ROI(return on investment) or CAGR(compound annual growth rate) and they will shut the Hell up. ;-)

I agree Ed. Still am not sure why I was listening to the beach boys while I was creating. I use to have my mom take pictures just in case they got broke so I can build them back up. Fast forward 30 years later and my kids are doing the same thing. Pretty cool.

Is there an antidote that prevents a dark age? :)

Never moving out of parents house? :)

Parents make you feel guilty about playing with LEGO sets as a kid. "Oh, you should be outside with your friends!" Blah..blah...blah... Some of my happiest times on this planet were in my room on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, with thousands of LEGO bricks scattered around on the carpet, building spaceships and vehicles. I would be watching Godzilla movies or some monster movie and I would have a blast.

Don't grow up too soon and never stop playing with LEGO bricks if you can help it. If someone gives you a hard time, you can talk about ROI(return on investment) or CAGR(compound annual growth rate) and they will shut the Hell up. ;-)

Thanks for the tip, Ed. I personally want to stay out of the "Dark Ages" for as long as I can. I can't wait to talk about those terms to shut up some of my doubters. :)

well since the dark ages refers to a period where someone has nothing to do with LEGO.....I would say its a horrible thing! I guess it is a neutral feeling, because Darth is looking forward to it, and many members are saying to "live it while it lasts" and things like that.