Lego Space 2013

TedZeppelin

Lego seriously needs to put out a new space line in 2013! If the Lego Group actually put a bunch of money and promotion behind a space line, like they did with Ninjago, it could do reaaaalllly well. For the kids, all that would be needed are separate planets with different elements and special abilities/styles. For teenagers, make some really BA action features and include good minifigures. For Adults, put something in the sets that will make them worthwhile in the future (maybe without jacking up the price $30) Another sub-theme of this could be mini fleets, since those seem to be really popular on Flickr. These are just empty thoughts, though. I think Lego could make a beautiful space line if they took an hour to make it up. Let me know what you think!

Like many here I also got my start with Space Lego in the early 80s. I think the theme is really similar when compared to Star Wars, that Space has really just struggled. If they bring it back they are really going to have to improve on it to make it competitive.

Yeah, honestly Lego just needs to make a seriously cool uniform gimmick that varies in some element from set to set. Plus the quality of the builds needs to be upped, but just a bit. Space Police is great example of a line that has a great vibe to it. Needs to be something down that alley.

I would love a new space theme. I've been on CUUSOO off and on and I there's a pretty popular Space Marines theme going. I like the idea, but it would be a CUUSOO concept rather than a genuine LEGO idea. But at this point in time, I think any new cool space theme from them would be great. I didn't find much interest in AC theme...

Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure that CUUSOO has already stated that they most likely not go through with the Space Marines set. Brickset.com had something about it, I believe.

Unfortunately, some of the best CUUSOO sets will never see production. They are just too big and complicated.