The Book of Boba Fett - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Bold-Arrow

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've really tried to get into the first two episodes but am not really feeling the series thus far. Too many flashbacks and I get that since this is a Disney product now that they have to change Fett from a ruthless bounty hunter into something more palatable, but a "respectable" crime lord who isn't ruthless and freedom fighter seems a bit much. 

I think what worked so well with Fett's original characterization that survived into Mando in the new series was that it fundamentally fit with a certain brutality within the SW universe that was always in the background--slaves and slavery. But that part of the SW universe has been unchanged so it's challenging to see Fett as a hero or antihero or the Sand People as oppressed freedom fighters fighting spice slavers when they themselves take slaves and brutalize them.

When you think about Anakin's character becoming Vadar, a major plot point is because he was obsessed with loss because the Jedi won his freedom in the bet with Watto, but not his mother's freedom. Watto lost his money in the bet and sold his mother to regain some of what he lost and later Anakin finds that his mother has then been taken by Sand People as a slave again. 

Maybe I'm just lost down a rabbit hole, but it seems really odd to me that Disney took the time to change the name of Fett's ship from Slave 1 and used the concept of droids being slaves as semi comic relief in Solo and not explore the issue more seriously. 

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying BoBF so far, especially the 2nd episode. I haven't read into it too much. Just the right level of nostalgia, some silliness, and a fun look into mob life on Tatooine. Yes, not everyone is going to like the Tusken Raider subplot and revisionist history, but it's been fun for me so far.

• Like 2

He did that in the first episode.

Yeah, he blew someone up with a rocket in self defense. That’s a far cry from his rep in canon and even more so than how Mando was introduced letting his quarry be sliced in half as he pulled him in a doorway. It just feels off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Yeah, he blew someone up with a rocket in self defense. That’s a far cry from his rep in canon and even more so than how Mando was introduced letting his quarry be sliced in half as he pulled him in a doorway. It just feels off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree it feels off for the legacy of Boba Fett, so I do hope they go down the darker path as his conflicts become more prevalent for the rest of the series.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yeah he did! Although, I think he would use the "acted in self-defense" loophole in court for that one.

I just want to see him go full "I know how to bounty hunt" Boba versus "I'm a friend of the people" Boba.

**spoilers**

I won't count the middle of no where bar scene with the biker gang fight as the Boba I want...but getting there.

• Like 2

Yeah he did! Although, I think he would use the "acted in self-defense" loophole in court for that one.
I just want to see him go full "I know how to bounty hunt" Boba versus "I'm a friend of the people" Boba.

**spoilers**

I won't count the middle of no where bar scene with the biker gang fight as the Boba I want...but getting there.

Did anyone notice that the humans have in bar were Luke’s friends from the deleted scene in ANH?

Also just released Jessica Beals is in this.

So far, I feel like Book of Boba Fett is the Star Wars equivalent of the first Star Trek movie or the pace of basketball games before the advent of the shot clock.  I guess the creators figured we'd all had enough fun watching Star Wars and that it was time to slow things waaaaayyyyyyy down. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, exciter1 said:

He blew that one guy up (and a section of the building) with a rocket as he was running away, only to immediately mention/remind his partner (who was on her way to chase them) "alive" - That is just dumb.