Any Brickfolio update?

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

I look forward to seeing the new version of the site, along with some of it's old features that have been upgraded.  That being said, while I don't want to speak for Jeff,  I will tell you that serious family illnesses over the past year within Jeff's immediate family has taken up much of Jeff's time.  This is besides the added workload from his normal job due to the Covid BS.  Jeff would never say anything, but I thought it was time to give people some heads up as to why certain site issues have not been addressed.  

I knew there was something prodding the back of my gut something wretched but difficult to pin down what with the way everything went last year. Well here's hoping this one will go better than "the year that shall not be named" for the both of you. Best of wishes all-around!

58 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Sucks getting old.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been mentioned before as I have only just come back into this site after a couple of years. I had a break from Lego and am back into it now. I had quite an extensive list of my sets logged onto this site and it showed a lot of details regarding what it's worth these days and percentage movements over the month. What happened to this personal inventory? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I used it to log my sets when I did collect Lego and want to use it again. The big thing was how much I paid for the set which I definitely won't remember! please let me know what happened to it and where i can access it again. I really hope it hasn't disappeared as this was a huge feature of this site!

• Like 1

About a year and a half ago, the site owners began a redesign.  Apparently, life happened and they have not completed it.  Early on, they assured us they still had our data and it should have been available a few months ago.  I have not really followed on if and when they restore our access to the databases and the various tools will be available again.  It's a loss of data for most of us that we did not think we needed to keep duplicate records of for personal use. I to used the sight for several years to track purchases and observe selling trends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted on this site for a while, but coming back once in a while for some reads and nostalgia. Life took over from being active online. As far as I am concerned, I would be glad if I just could access a list of what sets I have, as I have really no idea what is in my parents' garage right now. 😅 In any case, I understand the personal reasons behind all this, so just wishing good luck and health. 

Edited by inversion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

It's kind of like not wanting to tell your kids that Santa doesn't exist. You know you need to, and you know you should, you just keep putting it off, hoping they hear it from another 3rd grader instead.

I hope not, I have no records for the used sets I have bought over the years let alone my sets from the 80s that I looked up and included on my DB but have no other references saved for them.

6 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

The honest truth is that the brickfolio is not my top priority at the moment.  I have been working on a completely different LEGO product that in my opinion will have much more value to all of you than the brickfolio.  While I know everyone wants a service that will track their investment, looking up the value of a LEGO set is very easy today.  I am still getting the listing feeds and have all the data,  so I will still have the option to work on this when I am done with the new service.   I sat many times at my desk to look at what Brickpicker 2.0 will be and what new value can I bring to you.  The sad part is that I don't feel it's enough to justify charging anyone and the affiliate revenue is pretty much worthless at this point.  I don't want to flood the site with any more ads and would rather remove them.   The LEGO reseller market is so much different today than it was 12 years ago when Brickpicker launched.  I have come up with some pretty incredible data sets for this new venture, one that will help LEGO resellers quite a bit.  I know this is not good news to all, but for me it is where I feel my limited time can produce the best product and bring something new to the LEGO community.  I am taking a gamble with this.  Some of you will not find value in it, others will understand it and know how to use it.  We will find out soon if the gamble pays off.

Please, please, please tell me you’re working on a temporal displacement messenger so I can tell my 2014 self to go all-in on castle sets.  I’d definitely consider paying extra for that. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

If I built that, I would be going back and buy stock in Apple, Tesla, Netflix and a million others.

Loki tells us that you would only create another reality stream...your current self on this timeline would not be affected...but would it be a pleasant thought for you to know that in another reality you are Bezos flying in orbit on your own rocket?

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Loki tells us that you would only create another reality stream...your current self on this timeline would not be affected...but would it be a pleasant thought for you to know that in another reality you are Bezos flying in orbit on your own rocket?

Multiverse has always been an interesting but bewilderingly confusing conversation. For example the scenario where what would happen if you went back in time and, well, make your younger self 'un-alive', it seems fitting (and best for the known universe to keep from collapsing upon itself) that nothing in your own timeline (the one you left behind to go into the past) would change. However the other you is now deceased with that reality altered.

Another situation for consideration. In at least one of these theoretical alternate universes, the other you is the opposite sex. So what if current reality 'you' met 'opposite you', thought they (you) were kind of hot and 'did the nasty'. ....Would that technically be considered as masturbation?

8 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Multiverse has always been an interesting but bewilderingly confusing conversation. For example the scenario where what would happen if you went back in time and, well, make your younger self 'un-alive', it seems fitting (and best for the known universe to keep from collapsing upon itself) that nothing in your own timeline (the one you left behind to go into the past) would change. However the other you is now deceased with that reality altered.

Another situation for consideration. In at least one of these theoretical alternate universes, the other you is the opposite sex. So what if current reality 'you' met 'opposite you', thought they (you) were kind of hot and 'did the nasty'. ....Would that technically be considered as masturbation?

my biggest theory on why changing the past can never change your current is this...the reason for going back in time, would not exist if it was indeed fixed or solved; therefore why would you go back in time in the first place.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

my biggest theory on why changing the past can never change your current is this...the reason for going back in time, would not exist if it was indeed fixed or solved; therefore why would you go back in time in the first place.

My reason to go back in time would be to do some more chicks....I mean meet women....I’m an old fart now lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but seeing as brickfolio revival is beyond backburner and we still need to do what we do, what's everyone's next best thing for logging inventory?
Thankfully, I had an export somewhat recently before it went down. However, I've not logged my buying anywhere since then. :( That's gonna bite me later. On the plus side, I keep getting surprised opening boxes of stuff I forgot I bought.
I'm hoping there's something fancier than just spreadsheets. I entered quantities in brickset years ago, but I don't believe it had any collection of date/price paid/etc.

4 hours ago, lodibricks said:

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but seeing as brickfolio revival is beyond backburner and we still need to do what we do, what's everyone's next best thing for logging inventory?
Thankfully, I had an export somewhat recently before it went down. However, I've not logged my buying anywhere since then. :( That's gonna bite me later. On the plus side, I keep getting surprised opening boxes of stuff I forgot I bought.
I'm hoping there's something fancier than just spreadsheets. I entered quantities in brickset years ago, but I don't believe it had any collection of date/price paid/etc.

I've been downloading barcode scanner apps that have an inventory system. I'm hoping to scan in when I acquire and then scan out when I sell. I just started exploring this idea and the different apps so no opinions yet on the matter.

• Like 1

I've been downloading barcode scanner apps that have an inventory system. I'm hoping to scan in when I acquire and then scan out when I sell. I just started exploring this idea and the different apps so no opinions yet on the matter.

Please share your opinion when you have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First rule of spreadsheets is there is nothing fancier than spreadsheets (jk, it's relational databases and I am just not up for it)

A good chunk of my inventory is Walmart clearance so I use Walmart pay on the app which 1. tricks Bank of America into believing it's an online purchase so I get 3% CB instead of 2%, and 2. Puts my in-store order into my purchase history automatically. 
https://www.walmart.com/account/wmpurchasehistory

In the past I have just copy pasted the 'table' of data there into a worksheet in Google Sheets and then massaged that into the relevant info into the format I desire before pasting it into my inventory spreadsheet. A very nice thing about Lego is the set numbering system which makes it very easy to grab the relevant five digits out of a item name that is search engine optimized: "LEGO City Roadwork Truck 60284 Building Toy; Cool Roadworks Construction Set for Kids (58 Pieces)" -> 60284 with a function I already forgot.
I've already gotten ahead of myself. This most recent round I tried something new, added a Chrome extension called Data Miner and built myself a little scraper tool to grab the items from the WM purchase history page. Tried my darndest to make it auto-paginate and click the buttons to display all the items purchased but it just wasn't happening, so I cut my losses and clicked the buttons myself in between scrapes. This cut my data entry time by a lot.

I keep this info for my items:  (The percentage is a conditionally formatted column that shows me visually if I got a good deal: Price/RRP)

UniqueID Set Number Set Name Price W/Tax RRP 43.8% Purchase Date Retailer Location/Delivery Notes
KEY20210001 40312 Xtras Streetlamps $3.99 $4.33 4 99.8% 1/1/21 ShopLego Home  

So I had to add the date and location to each group of purchases - used the location with a lookup table I made to calculate the sales tax for each location and also the three+ different rates I get charged by different retailers for items shipped to me.

I also used a Lookup table function to fill in the Set Names and RRP this time around.

Maybe this is helpful/interesting to y'all, maybe it isn't.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

First rule of spreadsheets is there is nothing fancier than spreadsheets (jk, it's relational databases and I am just not up for it)

A good chunk of my inventory is Walmart clearance so I use Walmart pay on the app which 1. tricks Bank of America into believing it's an online purchase so I get 3% CB instead of 2%, and 2. Puts my in-store order into my purchase history automatically. 
https://www.walmart.com/account/wmpurchasehistory

In the past I have just copy pasted the 'table' of data there into a worksheet in Google Sheets and then massaged that into the relevant info into the format I desire before pasting it into my inventory spreadsheet. A very nice thing about Lego is the set numbering system which makes it very easy to grab the relevant five digits out of a item name that is search engine optimized: "LEGO City Roadwork Truck 60284 Building Toy; Cool Roadworks Construction Set for Kids (58 Pieces)" -> 60284 with a function I already forgot.
I've already gotten ahead of myself. This most recent round I tried something new, added a Chrome extension called Data Miner and built myself a little scraper tool to grab the items from the WM purchase history page. Tried my darndest to make it auto-paginate and click the buttons to display all the items purchased but it just wasn't happening, so I cut my losses and clicked the buttons myself in between scrapes. This cut my data entry time by a lot.

I keep this info for my items:  (The percentage is a conditionally formatted column that shows me visually if I got a good deal: Price/RRP)

UniqueID Set Number Set Name Price W/Tax RRP 43.8% Purchase Date Retailer Location/Delivery Notes
KEY20210001 40312 Xtras Streetlamps $3.99 $4.33 4 99.8% 1/1/21 ShopLego Home  

So I had to add the date and location to each group of purchases - used the location with a lookup table I made to calculate the sales tax for each location and also the three+ different rates I get charged by different retailers for items shipped to me.

I also used a Lookup table function to fill in the Set Names and RRP this time around.

Maybe this is helpful/interesting to y'all, maybe it isn't.

I Like It A Lot GIFs | Tenor

Can I just get your whole computer converted to a virtual machine so I don't have to recreate all that? 😛