Newer member from KCMO

Good morning all! Taking a cue from some recent posts, and since I spend way too much time on this site absorbing every bit of info that I can I figured that I would introduce myself as well. My name is Chris, and as you can tell from the title I live near Kansas City, MO. I am married and have three excuses to lurk in the toy aisles, I mean children. I was a huge fan of LEGO as a kid, I had the yellow castle and space sets from the early 80's fondly (still have most parts). I am scared to admit it, but the Friends line brought me out of the dark ages. I bought Olivia's house last year for my daughters (aged 7 and 5 1/2) and I to build. Once we completed it, I found myself checking the friends sets out for us to build together. So far we have built most of the initial friends sets, but we missed out on the Butterfly Beauty shop. Some time passed before I stumbled across some Star Wars sets, but 10188 got me hooked. Since that day I have sold off a good portion of my Mcfarlane Sports figures and other misc collectibles and "re-invested" in LEGO. My wife doesn't get it yet, but she will be pleased in 3-5 years when I start selling some of the larger sets (fingers crossed). Anyways, I tricked her into having some fun by building Jabba's Palace as a family and now she is in love with the Grand Emporium (which I ordered last night) and wants to build it. I am in this primarily for investing, but I have been building a set here or there. Finally to Ed and Jeff, Thank you for all of your hard work on this website it really is an invaluable tool in this crazy game I find myself obsessed with!

Good morning all!

Taking a cue from some recent posts, and since I spend way too much time on this site absorbing every bit of info that I can I figured that I would introduce myself as well.

My name is Chris, and as you can tell from the title I live near Kansas City, MO. I am married and have three excuses to lurk in the toy aisles, I mean children. I was a huge fan of LEGO as a kid, I had the yellow castle and space sets from the early 80's fondly (still have most parts).

I am scared to admit it, but the Friends line brought me out of the dark ages. I bought Olivia's house last year for my daughters (aged 7 and 5 1/2) and I to build. Once we completed it, I found myself checking the friends sets out for us to build together. So far we have built most of the initial friends sets, but we missed out on the Butterfly Beauty shop.

Some time passed before I stumbled across some Star Wars sets, but 10188 got me hooked. Since that day I have sold off a good portion of my Mcfarlane Sports figures and other misc collectibles and "re-invested" in LEGO. My wife doesn't get it yet, but she will be pleased in 3-5 years when I start selling some of the larger sets (fingers crossed). Anyways, I tricked her into having some fun by building Jabba's Palace as a family and now she is in love with the Grand Emporium (which I ordered last night) and wants to build it. I am in this primarily for investing, but I have been building a set here or there.

Finally to Ed and Jeff, Thank you for all of your hard work on this website it really is an invaluable tool in this crazy game I find myself obsessed with!

Nice of you to introduce yourself, Chris! Don't worry, lots of members have come out of their Dark Ages from buying sets for their kids. Fortunately, people still buy me sets to play with instead! :)

Nice of you to introduce yourself, Chris! Don't worry, lots of members have come out of their Dark Ages from buying sets for their kids. Fortunately, people still buy me sets to play with instead! :)

Thanks! I think my family now knows what to buy me for fathers day, birthday, christmas, etc...