New forum member from the UK

Hi everyone, I recently bought a job lot of space lego from ebay (when looking for a complete set of the m-tron mega core magnetizer, which I owned and played with a lot as a child), and have since started checking out other lego being sold on ebay to see if I can make any money trading these toys :D I came across this site and it looks good, so I thought I should introduce myself in the forums. I'm 26, live in the UK and teach for a living. I was really into space lego when I was younger, and played with many of the different sets from the early 90s. I'm thinking of investing in some space lego, but mostly to do it as a hobby that pays for itself rather than to make the big bucks. If anyone has any advice on where's good to look for space lego, please let me know! I've only found ebay so far (other sites are stupidly expensive). Also, if anyone has any tips on how to justify lego purchases to ones other half (we don't have and children to use as an excuse) please let me know! Quiff

I guess it would qualify as 'late classic space', i.e. when the space stuff developed factions, with blacktron, m-tron and space police. Some of the bigger sets seem to sell consistently well on ebay, but I don't think it's an area I could make big bucks in. The UCS star wars sets look more likely to rake in the cash - do you happen to know if any of them have lost value after they were retired?