Another northern AFOL

I've been lurking for almost two months and thought I should say hello here before posting in the other discussions. :) My partner and I have two kids, 5 and 2 and our five year old took us both out of our dark period and now we're obsessed! We've got a 3' x 12' Lego city in our dining room (I can't seem to find a picture of it) that we let the kids play with (sort of, haha). We started investing in Lego in November last year (my first real investment purchase was the Maersk train) and shortly thereafter I found this great site. I echo the challenges of another poster who said investing north of the border is hard. We have no Lego stores locally, Amazon.ca does not have any good deals on Lego and too many eBay sellers try to rip us off with international shipping (I've had items as large as the Imperial Shuttle shipped with tracking for $40 and see people wanting $40 to ship comic books north). Almost all of my investment purchases are made online and sent to a third party receiver in North Dakota and I make the 1 hour (each way) trek to get them. Anyways, hello to all, this "hobby" rocks.

I've been lurking for almost two months and thought I should say hello here before posting in the other discussions. :)

My partner and I have two kids, 5 and 2 and our five year old took us both out of our dark period and now we're obsessed! We've got a 3' x 12' Lego city in our dining room (I can't seem to find a picture of it) that we let the kids play with (sort of, haha). We started investing in Lego in November last year (my first real investment purchase was the Maersk train) and shortly thereafter I found this great site.

I echo the challenges of another poster who said investing north of the border is hard. We have no Lego stores locally, Amazon.ca does not have any good deals on Lego and too many eBay sellers try to rip us off with international shipping (I've had items as large as the Imperial Shuttle shipped with tracking for $40 and see people wanting $40 to ship comic books north). Almost all of my investment purchases are made online and sent to a third party receiver in North Dakota and I make the 1 hour (each way) trek to get them.

Anyways, hello to all, this "hobby" rocks.

Hello...Welcome to the site. I also do not have a LEGO store anywhere close to me. In a way, that could be a good thing. ;-)