Jump to content

Speculation Request: 75294 Bespin Duel vs. 77904 Nebulon-B Frigate. Which set will increase more in value in the long run?


Recommended Posts

I have a few of each and someone is asking to trade their Bespin Duel for one of my Nebulon. Currently it looks like both sets run ~$80 on Ebay, but it seems like Bespin Duel has had more opportunities to purchase, making it a little easier to get, and potentially won't see as much of a % increase over time vs the Nebulon? Is that fair logic? I'm thinking I will decline the request.. Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The exclusive Luke minifig from Bespin has made it's way onto the Lego Star Wars magazine in the UK. I think it's also attached to the magazine for another European country (Germany?). The value of that figure is predictably plumeting after going for over £20 a couple of months ago. This will probably have a knock on affect on the value of the Bespin Duel set.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

Are numbers listed somewhere? 

nope, just an strong presumption based on how long besping lasted, it was everywhere for a while, target for a few days, lego sah for a while, even made it to non lego retail stores...

frigate was one night on amazon, and a very brief sellout later at its official launch

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

nope, just an strong presumption based on how long besping lasted, it was everywhere for a while, target for a few days, lego sah for a while, even made it to non lego retail stores...

frigate was one night on amazon, and a very brief sellout later at its official launch

bespin was limit 1 per order at target and many resellers were banned at target which is why it lasted so long  bespin would have poofed quickly if target had made it limit 3 or higher.    nebulon was available initially in a stealthy yellow lego box as the set photo first night of amazon prime day with some nonsense set name and description to the average consumer in limitless order.  i placed and received my first 3 digit order of a single set with the neb b :) .  i think they will both do very well.  the selling price cap on neb b on amazon is a wrinkle to contend with .  target's insistence on shipping bespin 1x at a time resulted in varying degrees of damage to majority of my bespin boxes so i think minty bespins may be very rare.  i could see both sets $160-200 in a year.  bespins already selling for $119.99 for me on amazon fbm so $160 is not that big a stretch.  nebulon b is capped at $104.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, raindog said:

Nebulon-B available at msrp at Disney.com.  Limit 1.  Rakuten is offering 10% back.

https://www.shopdisney.com/lego-star-wars-nebulon-b-frigate-77904-673419333801.html?isProductSearch=1&plpPosition=1&searchType=regular

 

grabbed one and hopefully it comes in decent shape, Disney is notorious for their horrible packaging.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, melting said:

grabbed one and hopefully it comes in decent shape, Disney is notorious for their horrible packaging.

 

Maybe the smaller sets.  I've ordered three Disney Castles from them over the past year and every one came in original LEGO shipping box packed within a box.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 10:58 PM, cladner said:

bespin was limit 1 per order at target and many resellers were banned at target which is why it lasted so long  bespin would have poofed quickly if target had made it limit 3 or higher.    nebulon was available initially in a stealthy yellow lego box as the set photo first night of amazon prime day with some nonsense set name and description to the average consumer in limitless order.  i placed and received my first 3 digit order of a single set with the neb b :) .  i think they will both do very well.  the selling price cap on neb b on amazon is a wrinkle to contend with .  target's insistence on shipping bespin 1x at a time resulted in varying degrees of damage to majority of my bespin boxes so i think minty bespins may be very rare.  i could see both sets $160-200 in a year.  bespins already selling for $119.99 for me on amazon fbm so $160 is not that big a stretch.  nebulon b is capped at $104.

I offloaded my bespins for 200 a piece in switzerland, folks here pay a premium for hard to get sets. I bought some additional nebulons from amazon and ebay (probably from someone here) I think they will do well here as long as you don't ask for the sky... some other folks are asking for 240 a pop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, raindog said:

Nebulon-B available at msrp at Disney.com.  Limit 1.  Rakuten is offering 10% back.

https://www.shopdisney.com/lego-star-wars-nebulon-b-frigate-77904-673419333801.html?isProductSearch=1&plpPosition=1&searchType=regular

 

These don't appear to have the comic con square on them. If so, that'll make Amazon impossible for me to sell them there because the two versions will mix freely.

Edited by sauromosis
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

These don't appear to have the comic con square on them. If so, that'll make Amazon impossible for me to sell them there because the two versions will mix freely.

I don’t think the Amazon listing showed the SDCC logo either but they did have it when they were delivered.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...