10280 - Flower Bouquet

Mark Twain

Lego's new botanical 2021 line up:

4020--Creator 18+ Cheech and Chong's Rockin' Cannabis 

1122--Captain Toad's Groovy Shrooms

43111--Disney's Belladonna for Juniors 

Unnamed Trolls set that is rumored to contain a new element in the shape of CBD gummies

Note, all bricks will now be made from edible 100% organically grown plant-based plastics that will last between 1 to 24 months--the same lifespan as average holiday fruitcakes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

If LEGO is serious about going botanical they need to come up w a minifigure equivalent to include in the sets.  I think some sort of bug that's both standardized like a MF but with unique variances

Why?  That’s like asking for them to include minifigs with architecture sets. Not a play set. 

24 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Why?  That’s like asking for them to include minifigs with architecture sets. Not a play set. 

The reason is to support collectability.  A series of bouquets and other botanical will lose its uniqueness once the number of sets start growing.

A MF in architecture doesn't make sense because of scale...and the nature of Architecture...the subject matter itself is unique and therefore collectible.

Adding a unique bug like a lady bug or bee variant will assure uniqueness to each set and, imo, would compliment the display factor. Also the bugs can be kept for collectability while the other parts of the set eventually moves on to MOCs.

1 hour ago, KShine said:

What's worse than fake flowers that look real?

Ugly plastic flowers that look fake.

Agreed.

As far as build technique goes, I find them pleasing. As far as aesthetics go, far from pleasing.

As someone who enjoys displaying certain Lego sets, I think if I put them out in the form of flowers, my family may think I finally lost it.

• Haha 1

I don’t find them ugly per say. The appeal here is the shear commitment to produce something that mimics nature—to recreate not just flowers, but an arrangement complete with the nuance and thoughtful design. It’s a departure for LEGO. Some will find it jarring and be put off by it while I think others will be fascinated by it.

• Like 1

Many people haven't seen the interesting things MOC'd in this botanical category like we have thanks to theorcking. When those folks do see this (and the bonsai), will be amazed at what LEGO is up to.    I cant wait to see what the future holds for this theme.  I'd like to think some upcoming sets will be prime for getting a bunch of foliage at once for city/country landscapes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally, I hate them. But I get the appeal. It's like Minecraft. Sure its blocky and the first time you look at it you are disoriented. But after you adjust to the blockiness you dont focus on it and it fades into the background. So..in the Lego universe these are beautiful. But not in the real world if that makes sense.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regardless of the hate, this set will do well post retirement.  It's one of those sets that can appeal to non collectors.  Heck my mom who has zero knowledge in Legos found this and bought it for me.  As a dude that has zero interest in flowers, I'm going to display the **** out of this proudly outside of my LEGO Shrine. Easily past off from afar as legit.  Normal flowers are useless, they die.  Plastic flowers are cheap.  Flowers that allow you to remember every moment of building it and displaying it.  Changing it's configuration to your heart's content.  I love it.

Edited by Klownicle
  • Like 2

Regardless of the hate, this set will do well post retirement.  It's one of those sets that can appeal to non collectors.  Heck my mom who has zero knowledge in Legos found this and bought it for me.  As a dude that has zero interest in flowers, I'm going to display the **** out of this proudly outside of my LEGO Shrine. Easily past off from afar as legit.  Normal flowers are useless, they die.  Plastic flowers are cheap.  Flowers that allow you to remember every moment of building it and displaying it.  Changing it's configuration to your heart's content.  I love it.
While it may do great, the same was said about Birds and they flew the coop so to speak.

45 minutes ago, redghostx said:
49 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

While it may do great, the same was said about Birds and they flew the coop so to speak.

Birds finally took off this Christmas . took a while, but so did 10188 .lol