Hello from North of the border

Hi everyone. I came across this site just over a week ago and I can honestly say that the timing couldn`t have been better. Just so happens I`ve started buying into the idea of "investing" in the last 4-5 months and am looking to expand (like everyone else here I take it). Seeing as I am new to the venture, I`m wondering if there is any advice out there for a guy like me? Now, I`ve read a lot on here in the last week, but I am specifically wondering how to make the most bang for my buck with Canadian prices. Canadians pay a hefty amount more per set and it is rare where I am able to find any deals worth speaking off. These massive clearances that I here about down in the states just don`t happen at all up here, so I`m curious to see if anyone would have any ideas about how to get better pricing options? Anyway, glad to be here and I hope to learn lots in the near future!

Guest AnnexBrett

Hi everyone. I came across this site just over a week ago and I can honestly say that the timing couldn`t have been better. Just so happens I`ve started buying into the idea of "investing" in the last 4-5 months and am looking to expand (like everyone else here I take it).

Seeing as I am new to the venture, I`m wondering if there is any advice out there for a guy like me? Now, I`ve read a lot on here in the last week, but I am specifically wondering how to make the most bang for my buck with Canadian prices. Canadians pay a hefty amount more per set and it is rare where I am able to find any deals worth speaking off. These massive clearances that I here about down in the states just don`t happen at all up here, so I`m curious to see if anyone would have any ideas about how to get better pricing options?

Anyway, glad to be here and I hope to learn lots in the near future!

Hi. I feel your "pain" I am in the same shoe. We gotta work a bit harder on price searching than our southern neighbors but the deals are out there. All I can say the market is way different in Canada supply/demand, pricing etc. You will learn a lot for sure. PM me if you have specific question. Cheers

If you live an hour or two from a usa border. buy from Amazon when they have big sales and have shipped for free to a shipping depot in the states at a boarder city. They charge per box they receive then go and pick them up. That's what I do. Declare it at the boarder and pay your HST. The boarder guys are always shocked when you cross the boarder with a couple grand in lego.