Old Republic Battle Packs vs. Original Trilogy Battle Packs

comicblast

I know this is related to another recent thread about Battle Packs, but I decided to post this as a new thread anyways.

What does everyone think of:

Old Republic Battle Packs with Sith Troopers and Republic Troopers,

vs.

Original Trilogy Battle Packs with Clone Troopers, Droids, Rebel Troopers, Storm Troopers, etc.

Which do people think will do better once EOL?

I came up with a reason why NOT Old Republic: since they are not in the movies, they have less publicity, and therefore are less recognizable to a 8 year-old boy walking down the toys aisle, as oppose to the Clone Troopers. Who doesn't recognize them on sight?!

Never the less, please comment why you voted for one thing over another. It will help me a lot in my investments. Thanks, guys!

I really like the Old Republic battle packs a lot, three unique figures that look amazing and there is instant play value in having good vs. not so good right out of the box is a little bit of an edge and improvement from the original battlepacks/army builders. I think they will do well because as it has been pointed out that the SWTOR isn't as well known and for it's lack of popularity now it has the potential to grow in the future. I would put it above clone war battlepacks but below the OT battlepacks.

Blasphemy !! Clone Troopers & Droids are NOT part of Original Trilogy... They are from the subpar Prequel Trilogy.. Somebody please change the Poll....!!

But seriously, general public (non Star Wars fans) most likely would not know (or care ) about the Old Republic... The hardcore SW fans probably already bought the battle packs when they came out. So who are you going to sell it to when it is EOL ?

I really like the Old Republic battle packs a lot, three unique figures that look amazing and there is instant play value in having good vs. not so good right out of the box is a little bit of an edge and improvement from the original battlepacks/army builders. I think they will do well because as it has been pointed out that the SWTOR isn't as well known and for it's lack of popularity now it has the potential to grow in the future. I would put it above clone war battlepacks but below the OT battlepacks.

I played Star Wars The Old Republic for rather long time, and my humble opinion is that the popularity of this MMO will not rise much more if at all.

Satele Shan is the only really stand out figure to do (apart from obvious Revan and other ICONIC characters from RPG )

I dont think they will grow nicely overall.

Blasphemy !! Clone Troopers & Droids are NOT part of Original Trilogy... They are from the subpar Prequel Trilogy.. Somebody please change the Poll....!!

But seriously, general public (non Star Wars fans) most likely would not know (or care ) about the Old Republic... The hardcore SW fans probably already bought the battle packs when they came out. So who are you going to sell it to when it is EOL ?

People who are just catching on to the Old Republic theme would buy them I think. I don't think that there are any other OR figs out there, making this more valuable to those kind of collectors. There have been some Original Trilogy Battle Packs such as the Rebel Trooper one or the Imperial Dropship one.

I liked the old battle packs more because it was easier to build an army. With the new ones you only get two of each side which is quite a slow process. :(

I liked the old battle packs more because it was easier to build an army. With the new ones you only get two of each side which is quite a slow process. :(I agree. Nothing against the droids or anything, but I really like clone troopers more. Droids and clone troopers just doesn't cut it for me. Also, in these new packs, you only get 2 types of clones and 1, maybe 2 types of droids. With the old one, you got at least 3 different clones to add to your army.

I liked the old battle packs more because it was easier to build an army. With the new ones you only get two of each side which is quite a slow process. :(I agree. Nothing against the droids or anything, but I really like clone troopers more. Droids and clone troopers just doesn't cut it for me. Also, in these new packs, you only get 2 types of clones and 1, maybe 2 types of droids. With the old one, you got at least 3 different clones to add to your army.Everything against those new Droidikas! They are horrible!

People who are just catching on to the Old Republic theme would buy them I think. I don't think that there are any other OR figs out there, making this more valuable to those kind of collectors. There have been some Original Trilogy Battle Packs such as the Rebel Trooper one or the Imperial Dropship one.Unless there is an Old Republic movie in the next 2 or 3 years or the online game explodes like Minecraft, I just do not see the huge demands for Old Republic stuffs

I liked the old battle packs more because it was easier to build an army. With the new ones you only get two of each side which is quite a slow process. :(

Besides a slow process, you only get two unique characters for each side when before it was almost four.

(The ratio was something like: 2 Soldiers, 1 Elite, 1 Commander. Something to that effect.)

Besides a slow process, you only get two unique characters for each side when before it was almost four.

(The ratio was something like: 2 Soldiers, 1 Elite, 1 Commander. Something to that effect.)

I don't mind the Original Trilogy Battle packs and really like the Endor one, basically because I think they got the ratio right in that regard. Stormtrooper collectors no doubt were not too impressed but really I think they did a good job. of course I would love more Stormtroopers. I was happy though to get more Endor rebels, and just grateful we didn't got overloaded by Scout Troopers. Remember when they released the Stormtrooper and Rebel Trooper battlepacks a few years ago? All the Stormies went and there were tonnes of Rebel packs left. It was even worse when they the Clone Battlepack up against the Assassin Droid set.

I was actually disappointed with the early Clones one to get one yellow, one red and two standard clones, having two variations when trying to build an army slows it down. The ratio in the following version was more appropriate at 3:1, though I didn't think much personally of the clone gunner. When it came to the Madalorian battlepack all I could wish was it was a standard clone release. This year I think they screwed it up when they 2 clones v 2 droidekas. I believe they tried to do it as cheap as possible and a 3 clones: 1 droideka ratio would have been far better received.

Anyhow, back to topic, Original Trilogy everyday of the week. Further down the track they will have more meaning than the Old Republic set.

I don't mind the Original Trilogy Battle packs and really like the Endor one, basically because I think they got the ratio right in that regard. Stormtrooper collectors no doubt were not too impressed but really I think they did a good job. of course I would love more Stormtroopers. I was happy though to get more Endor rebels, and just grateful we didn't got overloaded by Scout Troopers. Remember when they released the Stormtrooper and Rebel Trooper battlepacks a few years ago? All the Stormies went and there were tonnes of Rebel packs left. It was even worse when they the Clone Battlepack up against the Assassin Droid set.

I was actually disappointed with the early Clones one to get one yellow, one red and two standard clones, having two variations when trying to build an army slows it down. The ratio in the following version was more appropriate at 3:1, though I didn't think much personally of the clone gunner. When it came to the Madalorian battlepack all I could wish was it was a standard clone release. This year I think they screwed it up when they 2 clones v 2 droidekas. I believe they tried to do it as cheap as possible and a 3 clones: 1 droideka ratio would have been far better received.

Anyhow, back to topic, Original Trilogy everyday of the week. Further down the track they will have more meaning than the Old Republic set.

I agree with this... personally I think they should release battle packs way differently than now

should be

Clone trooepr bpack = 4 clone troopers ONLY

Clone trooper commanding bpack = 1 clone commander 2 clone commandos and clone whatever left

and do similar to every other faction