Your predictions for Battle packs?

Alcarin

If you had to choose SW battle packs which do you think should appreciate the most? I got 6x 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack for 9.50$ 2x 7913 Clone Trooper Battle Pack for 12.50$ I think 7914 Mandalorian Battle Pack will appreciate alot since not alot bought it and price was steep for a battle pack in my country and everywhere around.

Overall, I like the Clone Trooper Battle Packs more than the Rebel Trooper one, but I think that they will increase in value parallelly (increase at the same rate). For the percentage increase, since you bought the Rebel Trooper Battle Pack for less, it will increase by more in my opinion.

Yeh I do hope Rebel ones increase nicely, I aim to sell them when they reach about x2,25 of my purchase value (hopefully around november/december this year

But my question was more general for ANY battle pack from SW theme, not just those I purchased.

mandalorians are unique and not many bought them it seems, still on shelves in my country, but snowtroopers all gone.

In general, Star Wars sets with Clone Troopers in it does better than those without. For example, the 8015 Assassin Droid battle pack is going for $15.51 new and $8.58 used. On the other hand, the 8014 Clone Walker battle pack is going for $23.87 new and $19.47 used. That is a considerably difference on a $9.99 set.

• 3 months later...

No sure which battle packs will increase the most...so I covered most of the board and bought 10 sets of each: Mandalorian, Endor/Imperial and Clone Trooper.  See where the chips fall within a year or two (maybe when the new SW movies come out).  I think it's a good investment for <$10...4 minifigs for army builders.  At worse I don't see how you can't get your money back $10-$15 and if it appreciates nicely than $20-$30.  That's me being positive anyways :)   

I think the OT battlepacks might start to creep up higher in light of the new cartoon series 'Rebels' on the horizon.  I'm curious to what the next battlepack will be, if they continue to make them that is.

The battle packs are big money makers for Lego so I doubt they would discontinue them. (Make new ones for the upcoming movie?) I however don't like the new setup with 2 minifigures from each side in one battle pack versus the previous 4 minifigures of each side in two separate sets. I think that might affect the value of the newer battle packs once they retire.

The battle packs are big money makers for Lego so I doubt they would discontinue them. (Make new ones for the upcoming movie?) I however don't like the new setup with 2 minifigures from each side in one battle pack versus the previous 4 minifigures of each side in two separate sets. I think that might affect the value of the newer battle packs once they retire.

I agree to all of this. To add, getting two halves of an army in the current battlepacks setup is very much like getting a Lone Ranger and Tonto in every blasted set.

• Like 1

Disagree. As long as both the rebels and imperials are non unique characters there's no problem with having two of each in the set.

Ofc it is a problem...

especially if you want 200 imperials and 30 rebels.

Sure you can sell rest but thats additional ''hassle''

Disagree. As long as both the rebels and imperials are non unique characters there's no problem with having two of each in the set.

Disagree.  As long as you get two of each in a set, it will take much longer to collect an army.  Be honest, do you really want two Commando Droids instead of more ARC Troopers, or two Droidekas instead of more Clones?  :mellow:

I will say that storm troopers are more versatile, thus it would be nice to have a chance to get them exclusively. However I would want an equal amount of Scout troopers to my Endor rebels and an equal number of snow troopers to my hoth rebels. I'm an OT only collector so the number of clones to droids doesn't weigh into my decisions. I could see that being a problem though

I will say that storm troopers are more versatile, thus it would be nice to have a chance to get them exclusively. However I would want an equal amount of Scout troopers to my Endor rebels and an equal number of snow troopers to my hoth rebels. I'm an OT only collector so the number of clones to droids doesn't weigh into my decisions. I could see that being a problem though

Its not movie correct though, considering Rebels had limited army and Empire attacked in vast numbers.

Its your decision what you prefer.

but believe me overall 1 sided b-pacs are much more useful and better. There are many objective positive consideration and facts.

now the only small fact potentially talking against 1 sided b-packs is that kids will want 2 to fight with them as opposed to parents only needing to buy 1.

• Like 1

Its not movie correct though, considering Rebels had limited army and Empire attacked in vast numbers.

Its your decision what you prefer.

but believe me overall 1 sided b-pacs are much more useful and better. There are many objective positive consideration and facts.

now the only small fact potentially talking against 1 sided b-packs is that kids will want 2 to fight with them as opposed to parents only needing to buy 1.

I agree.  Getting a battle in a pack is definite cost savings for parents to have to only buy one to get a little bit of both sides. 

• 3 weeks later...