Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Christmas themed Millennium Falcon from Reddit, likely the employee exclusive. It looks like it will be featured in the Lego Star Wars Holiday Special coming next month We shall dub it th

Your lack of faith in the humble taun taun is gravely mistaken, as this video shows.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Ho hum, another X-Wing. On the flip side, I do like the Leia figure though. Is that a new bottom half figure piece?

Same Leia as 75244 Tantive IV.  So this would be a cheaper way to get this figure.  That makes Captain Antilles the only unique figure in the Tantive IV.

https://brickset.com/minifigs/sw1036/princess-leia-(white-dress-detailed-belt-skirt-part)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Same Leia as 75244 Tantive IV.  So this would be a cheaper way to get this figure.  That makes Captain Antilles the only unique figure in the Tantive IV.

https://brickset.com/minifigs/sw1036/princess-leia-(white-dress-detailed-belt-skirt-part)

Oops, I forgot about Bail Organa.  Bail Organa is the only brand new and unique minifigure which is found in 75244.  The Captain Antilles in 75244 is also unique but is also a remake from 10198.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The small scale ships leave me conflicted. Not sure if they help or hurt the prices of 75211 and 75218.

On one hand, for being smaller they don't look bad. On the other hand they are out of scale with pretty much everything made before them.

image.thumb.png.ad5942b13c6307584613da46f2c48d0f.png

I guess it all depends on what comes after this. Do we continue down the line of smaller ships making them the new standard? Or do they prove to be unpopular enough to swing back to system scale? 

Juniors Resistance X-Wing and mini scale Imperial Shuttle still to be revealed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

The small scale ships leave me conflicted. Not sure if they help or hurt the prices of 75211 and 75218.

On one hand, for being smaller they don't look bad. On the other hand they are out of scale with pretty much everything made before them.

image.thumb.png.ad5942b13c6307584613da46f2c48d0f.png

I guess it all depends on what comes after this. Do we continue down the line of smaller ships making them the new standard? Or do they prove to be unpopular enough to swing back to system scale? 

Juniors Resistance X-Wing and mini scale Imperial Shuttle still to be revealed

They are reaching the size level of being "cute".

Do we really want our standard Star Wars ships looking cute?

Edited by KShine
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, KShine said:

They are reaching the size level of being "cute".

Do we really want our standard Star Wars ships looking cute?

cute sells..

I like the size.  To me these are more "swooshable" and can save on space to combined to make a playable scene or display. My concern is how much these will get hoarded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starwarsxpress said:

all the sets for Star Wars, city, friends and Ninjago released for 2021 are smaller.  it seems like all the $80-$150 sets have disappeared from releasing at least this time

I’m thinking this might have to do with an expected down turn in sales amongst the ages 7-14 demographic. My kids “like” LEGO but rather play video games most of the time. I’m sure a lot of reasons for going smaller. LEGO  has also been putting a lot of effort into AFOLs sets this year.  Clearly that’s an important market to them now. 

Edited by Mathew
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I’m thinking this might have to do with an expected down turn in sales amongst the ages 7-14 demographic. LEGO has been putting a lot of effort into AFOLs this year.  

Wouldn't be surprising. It's no surprise if fewer kids are buying 'standard' sets like x-wings, since the prices are getting so much higher than they used to be. Even adjusted for inflation the most recent x-wing cost 50% more than 6212 (at least in the UK), when it serves the same purpose. Worrying about advanced techniques and price-to-part ratios is the preserve of AFOL nerds like us - kids just want the damn toy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mathew said:

I like the smaller tie fighter. But this is a cost cutting measure to meet a certain price point with consumers who find LEGO (especially Star Wars) too expensive. 

this ..... they are cost cutting all of the new friends city Ninjago and Star Wars

you can buy a $200 + set or a $50 or less set

the new sets are cute but small

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...