How do you all stream live tv?

Mark Twain

How do you all stream live tv? I don't like paying for OTA broadcasts, but I'm too far from any transmission source to get anything other than PBS. Locast seems cool, but it's not in my area. I can put together a hodge podge of services to watch live, but the price essentially mirrors cable or very near it. 

I'm using https://puffer.stanford.edu/ right now--the Standford University research stream that basically gives you live broadcast tv in exchange for watching your streaming habits. It only really works on my computer and is capped at 500 live users at any time and sometimes you have to wait for a "ticket" to open, but it's 100% free and legal. 

Spectrum Choice, 100gb Internet, HBO/Max (all channels), Showtime (all channels), Starz, Encore (all channels), The Movie Channel (all channels) bundled for $125 a month. Free Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ with my Verizon Unlimited plan. Netflix (2 stream HD), Amazon Prime, and my friend shares his Plex server .nzb snarfer account with me for all the new releases and whatever I request.

• Like 1

Spectrum Choice, 100gb Internet, HBO/Max (all channels), Showtime (all channels), Starz, Encore (all channels), The Movie Channel (all channels) bundled for $125 a month. Free Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ with my Verizon Unlimited plan. Netflix (2 stream HD), Amazon Prime, and my friend shares his Plex server .nzb snarfer account with me for all the new releases and whatever I request.

Dear god . . . You’re likely in an area with a lot of competition. Before I canceled cable we were paying $189 for 50 mb and basic digital plus. We only have one provider in our area with no competition. Our internet alone is $79 w/ equipment fees. There’s a regional electric coop installing fiber early next year and all in 100 MBs will be $55 a month

3 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Dear god . . . You’re likely in an area with a lot of competition. Before I canceled cable we were paying $189 for 50 mb and basic digital plus. We only have one provider in our area with no competition. Our internet alone is $79 w/ equipment fees. There’s a regional electric coop installing fiber early next year and all in 100 MBs will be $55 a month

Yeah, the Spectrum Choice plan is the most reasonable I've seen, if you are in an area where legacy Time Warner was covered.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

how do you have any time to post on BP?

• Like 2