Hello from Italy

Hi all! Greetings from Italy. 

I am an adult fan of Lego, today experiencing a new "spring" due to my son. 

I would be happy if I could understand how to invest in Lego, namely how to discover which set will gain value during years, for example such as 75919, for example. I am still trying to understand how this set has now 3 times his original value. Mystery of bricks...

Ciao.

Roberto.

Hello Roberto, Welcome to the den of thieves

there are no set rules for resell, no one really knows for sure when a set will retire or be re-made, and market forces vary from country to country.

But 75919 is generally viewed as out-performing other sets because of the unique large dinosaur (altho a mild variation has recently been released in 2020) ...so prices for 75919 has downward pressure.

take everything you read here w/ a grain of salt...atho some will say there is honor amongst thieves...we are all, after all...rebel scum.

Welcome to the party   - Read a lot - Diversify.  Accept that you will make mistakes .  Never lose sight that this is fun.  When  it isn't fun and you don't get enjoyment out of it (talking to people, selling a set to someone who really wants it and appreciates it, etc.) then stop doing it.  Also, investing in Legos takes work.  Put in the work and it gets a lot easier to be successful.  (And know what success is to you - it may look far different to me.)

Idea sets have a pretty good track record (IMHO) but even they have a few stinkers.  

Not all big sets make a great investment and some small sets out due large by miles.  IT is the uniqueness that helps (there are a dozen Millennium Falcons but how many sets have Mandalorians in them?)  Unique and scarcity drive demand in a lot of cases.