Jump to content

71741 - Ninjago City Gardens


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First clear image - courtesy of Brickset:  

None of y'all are talking about ICE PLANET ice cream. That's a hint. Ice Planet 2022

Tomwang2016 came from the future. His mission was to relay important information about retired sets being resurrected.  After his mission was completed, I'm sad to inform he was destroyed by a ba

Posted Images

Yes it's live! I want Just for personal build.  I was only able to add 1 $20 dollar voucher though. ?  I used to be able to stack a few so that sucks. I really hoped to bring the price way down so It's definitely lame they seamed to change the rules again. Now have a few $20's cashed In that need to be used soon. Great looking set though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belac said:

Yes it's live! I want Just for personal build.  I was only able to add 1 $20 dollar voucher though. ?  I used to be able to stack a few so that sucks. I really hoped to bring the price way down so It's definitely lame they seamed to change the rules again. Now have a few $20's cashed In that need to be used soon. Great looking set though.

I used two $100 vouchers without issue

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Belac said:

Yes it's live! I want Just for personal build.  I was only able to add 1 $20 dollar voucher though. ?  I used to be able to stack a few so that sucks. I really hoped to bring the price way down so It's definitely lame they seamed to change the rules again. Now have a few $20's cashed In that need to be used soon. Great looking set though.

i was able to stack 2 vouchers.

4 hours ago, Steel6T said:

It's finally live. Once again what a botched release from lego

LEGO never claimed a midnight release; I believe they aim for 10am...so a little early for EST.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Belac said:

Yes it's live! I want Just for personal build.  I was only able to add 1 $20 dollar voucher though. ?  I used to be able to stack a few so that sucks. I really hoped to bring the price way down so It's definitely lame they seamed to change the rules again. Now have a few $20's cashed In that need to be used soon. Great looking set though.

On the iPad you have to refresh the payment page to enter the second voucher. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This should look good next to the Lantern Festival set.

I picture the Lantern Festival on a rooftop to be more consistent with urban space limits  

I love this motif...but the price point is pretty high.  I think LEGO will/should be releasing modulars that can grow vertically as well as laterally so one can build their own "city"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

How surprised are we to see the Gardens still in-stock? 

Plenty of stock in b&m's too.  It's a great set, but it's expensive and not SW or HP.  Seemed to me Docks & City really caught on at retirement, not before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

How surprised are we to see the Gardens still in-stock? 

I would have said even money it sells out day 1. More driven by the CV-based new fans popularity of NC and NCD. I still expect it to sellout within the week. other than within insider circles, this set's release was very low key...I'm a huge NC fan, but this release only hit my radar 2 days ago. I think if it came w a unique GWP (something to do w/ the 10 year Ani (maybe a golden Destiny Bounty or dragon minibuild), that would have brought out the ninjago fans)

That $300 price point has been hard to sell out: Diagon Alley took a few days even. I think recently only the Grand Piano sold out day 1 and I suspect it was low quantities by LEGO for a niche product....same for Coliseum (which also got a holiday boost & unique GWP). Mos Eisley was a quick sellout but had yoda's lightsaber boosting it. Green Lambo had mad hype. SOldout fast and stayed hot for a couple months than fizzled.

Even $200 was a tough ceiling: BAtwing and Ecto eventually after almost a week

I agree that both NC and NCD were slow movers until the end...their LEGO Shop at Home sale prices got seals broken and sets built and that led to really high reviews...then CV SIP+ stimulus $ made any big set bonkers and took NC into the stratosphere...I think their popularity will keep fueling this series. Those great big sets are on display in folks homes and will continue to be the envy of others.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I would have said even money it sells out day 1. More driven by the CV-based new fans popularity of NC and NCD. I still expect it to sellout within the week. other than within insider circles, this set's release was very low key...I'm a huge NC fan, but this release only hit my radar 2 days ago. I think if it came w a unique GWP (something to do w/ the 10 year Ani (maybe a golden Destiny Bounty or dragon minibuild), that would have brought out the ninjago fans)

That $300 price point has been hard to sell out: Diagon Alley took a few days even. I think recently only the Grand Piano sold out day 1 and I suspect it was low quantities by LEGO for a niche product....same for Coliseum (which also got a holiday boost & unique GWP). Mos Eisley was a quick sellout but had yoda's lightsaber boosting it. Green Lambo had mad hype. SOldout fast and stayed hot for a couple months than fizzled.

Even $200 was a tough ceiling: BAtwing and Ecto eventually after almost a week

I agree that both NC and NCD were slow movers until the end...their LEGO Shop at Home sale prices got seals broken and sets built and that led to really high reviews...then CV SIP+ stimulus $ made any big set bonkers and took NC into the stratosphere...I think their popularity will keep fueling this series. Those great big sets are on display in folks homes and will continue to be the envy of others.

Also if you already have NC you probably love it and how could you not "eventually" get the gardens?

 

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...