To buy or not to buy

Found a used bulk lot for sale locally, that I am interested in but the price is kinda steep. In the bottom right corner of one of the tubs in their post I see what looks like a black ship hull. The only set I know of with this black hull piece is the Black Pearl set. If this bulk lot potentially contains a Black Pearl then it is definitely worth it. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any other sets this piece could possibly be from first before buying. f1b25585d72c1699a1a55a42eb126cc6.jpg

6 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Found a used bulk lot for sale locally, that I am interested in but the price is kinda steep. In the bottom right corner of one of the tubs in their post I see what looks like a black ship hull. The only set I know of with this black hull piece is the Black Pearl set. If this bulk lot potentially contains a Black Pearl then it is definitely worth it. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any other sets this piece could possibly be from first before buying. f1b25585d72c1699a1a55a42eb126cc6.jpg

I am not at all an expert on identifying sets or anything; I only really deal with sealed product. But a quick search on Bricklink seems to indicate that is the only set.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=64645&in=S

Sure about that? The bow looks like it is three-wide at the ends but the picture seems to show a two-wide end.

download.png

PS - I'm having too much fun trying to be a detective right now. Maybe I should get into buying brick lots lol.

Edited by Serejai

Assuming the hull part is from BP, what jumps out at me is overall randomness of the parts- a shock absorber that hadn't been in production for 9 years prior to BP, an airplane fusalage but no giant wing. And then there are no other big BP parts clearly visible, i.e. 20L mast and sails, let alone minifigs. So this could be a hodgepodge lot. I've asked sellers before to run their hand through the parts or dump the bin onto a towel and take another pic.

I spent longer than I care to admit looking through that image for another BP part. The only thing I saw was that ladder-looking piece in the middle which COULD be the stairs to it, although it looks like someone stuck some gray pieces on top of it. You would think that a sail or something would be visible somewhere, but I couldn't see anything.

Assuming the hull part is from BP, what jumps out at me is overall randomness of the parts- a shock absorber that hadn't been in production for 9 years prior to BP, an airplane fusalage but no giant wing. And then there are no other big BP parts clearly visible, i.e. 20L mast and sails, let alone minifigs. So this could be a hodgepodge lot. I've asked sellers before to run their hand through the parts or dump the bin onto a towel and take another pic.
There are 2 other larger tubs full of parts that I didn't post the pictures of. One of those has the giant wings.

Am looking to pick up an Assembly Square, Diner and Parisian Restaurant for $420. Supposedly complete including manuals and boxes. It’s pricey in my book but recent eBay sales suggest there’s a decent profit margin for flipping them now and I’m thinking of hanging on to them for a bit and see where the Ass. Square goes.  Any thoughts on the purchase price?