summer 2013 advice

TheCondor

Keep it. It'll probably go up in value more. The new sail barge is terrible! 800 pieces and 120$ is a disgrace. It dosnt even include boba a desert skiff or anything cool. The front of the barge looks retarded compared to the first one. The only good thing that'll come out of this is my desert skiffs should do well in the future being th barge lacks all of the essentials

I'll try to consult my crystal ball here and give you a prediction on how this set will do. The original was a $75 set that came out in 2006 and contained 781 pieces. The new one will retail for $120 and is supposed to contain 850 pieces. If nothing else the new set should be larger, since the 6210 version also contained the speeder and sarlaac, while the one being released this summer will comprise the barge alone with no ancillary vehicles. Tastes will vary, but whether you like it or not I can't see this being "good" for the price of the 6210 which currently goes sells in the $350-$400 range on ebay. There's always the chance that fans will scorn the new set making the vintage one shoot up in value, but honestly we'd probably have seen that happen already if it was going to. More likely we see the 6210 lose a decent percentage of its value as collectors show a preference for the newer, cheaper set. If you're a gambling man you might want to sell your older version now and try to buy it back later at a lower price. I don't think you're risking a whole lot doing this, and you may make some money in the process. Then again, a bird in the hand and all that...