Hello from the City by the Bay (aka S.F.)

Had some Lego during the much younger days. My favorite was the yellow castle, but alas, no longer in possession of any remnants of that. Sadly, have not followed the Lego sets for a long time, though still always loved my Lego. Want to start buying again. Started end of December with purchases of the Diagon Alley, Medieval Market Village and the Fire Brigade, as x-mas gifts to myself. Interested in collecting for personal enjoyment. But, starting to also be interested in collecting for possible investment. And this site looks like a great place to start and learn. Thanks everyone.

I'm in east bay as well. Welcome back to the world of lego. Lots of cool stuff for us early 80s lego folks. I had the yellow castle as well, one of my favorites. Still have mine. The new modular series are the coolest thing ever to me, wish they had something like them back then.

I'm in the East Bay as well. Maybe we can alert each other to good deals. Saw Ghost Train for $50 at the Pleasanton Walmart.

I've never seen any Legos discounted at target or Walmart in Oakland....but I'll definitely let you bayers know if I see something.

How many ghost trains did they have?

I'm in east bay as well. Welcome back to the world of lego. Lots of cool stuff for us early 80s lego folks. I had the yellow castle as well, one of my favorites. Still have mine. The new modular series are the coolest thing ever to me, wish they had something like them back then.

The modular sets are pretty cool. Though what I really want to get next is the tower bridge. Considering purchasing from Amazon of directly from Lego.com. Does anyone know if shipping for such a large box will cause damage? One of my items had slight shipping damage from Amazon and I've read other member's experience. Will Lego pack it better? Thanks.

Had some Lego during the much younger days. My favorite was the yellow castle, but alas, no longer in possession of any remnants of that. Sadly, have not followed the Lego sets for a long time, though still always loved my Lego. Want to start buying again.

Started end of December with purchases of the Diagon Alley, Medieval Market Village and the Fire Brigade, as x-mas gifts to myself.

Interested in collecting for personal enjoyment. But, starting to also be interested in collecting for possible investment. And this site looks like a great place to start and learn.

Thanks everyone.

Welcome to Brickpicker!!