On 7/1/2020 at 7:42 PM, citymorgue said:

Considering it's only about .03 pp it's not the most ridiculous pricing for Lego really.  I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up on sale at some point and makes it a little bit more enticing.

Pricing is actually very reasonable. Stonewars tried re-bricking a display and looked at the cost of that. 

https://www.stonewars.de/kommentare/lego-arts-mosaike-rebrick/

TLDR: Rebricking isn’t worth it at all

I love the Beatles - but do I really want/need to spend $500 to replace the photos I got for free when I purchased the white album?

Posted (edited)

Meh. Lego paint by numbers. Nothing special in my book and overpriced for the end result. 

Edited by Mathew
9 hours ago, Kekskrabbe said:

Pricing is actually very reasonable 

🤣 These are pure profit for Lego.  1x1 studs cost Lego practically nothing to produce. You’re paying for the IP and fancy packaging. 

On 7/5/2020 at 2:22 AM, Kekskrabbe said:

Pricing is actually very reasonable. Stonewars tried re-bricking a display and looked at the cost of that. 

https://www.stonewars.de/kommentare/lego-arts-mosaike-rebrick/

TLDR: Rebricking isn’t worth it at all

Article reminded me of Newman and Kremer trying to crunch how to get those cans and bottles to Michigan to get 10¢ each.  Except the mother of all mail days (Mother's Day) won't help us out any.  Maybe a pick-a-brick wall on the right day if the main colors were available.

On a different rebrick topic, I was able to buy individual parts for the 2x4 Red Buildable Brick for a reasonable price.  Most were very common anyway but it ended up netting less than the resell price of the promo itself.

• Haha 1