Hello from the UK

Guest TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy

Hello everybody, I just came across this site after deciding to listen to my gut instinct and use this years entire ISA (tax-free savings) allowance to buy over 100 lego sets this month! My favourite set are the WV Camper Van, Tower Bridge & Sopwith Camel. I bought these in quantity and are now in the loft unopened in waterproof containers. I'm just waiting for another delivery of Unimogs & R2D2s! I'm no spring chicken but, I'll be building some of these while the others hopefully appreciate over the next few years. Cheers James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi what an absolutely fantastic site!!! So informative, friendly and fun to navigate round. I am a massive star wars fan and have collected various non lego models (air fix/vintage etc).I am also learning to fly radio controlled planes and heli's. I never really owned much lego as a child so last year I purchased a 7965 Millennium Falcon from amazon. I wanted an imperial star destroyer to go with it so purchased a 6211 on E bay which said it was complete. Unfortunately many pieces were missing and it took me hours to create an inventory and order them from lego. ( I did get a small refund from the seller) Up until then I never imagined Lego had a second hand market. Since the above purchase i have purchased BNIB the 42000 grand prix racer, several star wars models, modular building e.***. Cinema complex , fire brigade, Grand emporium, Tower bridge. Never would have seen myself hooked onto themes like Monster fighter but am getting very tempted. I have also started collecting LOTR's sets as the trilogy rates second best ever after Star wars iv-vi. These are all themes/films I have enjoyed watching on TV and would be proud to own and put the Lego in display cabinets around the home if space were available. even though family and friends may give me funny looks!!! I have realised that it is better to get what you like before it goes EOL so that purchasing second hand wont be necessary later on from E bay etc. It seems that even if I did not want to keep the sets in the future they can return the initial outlay and perhaps more! Amazing !!!