BRICKPICKER BLOG

If you haven't already read the Afol Dark Ages and Renaissance in the 90s and 00s ARTICLE, written by Tim Mahoney(Timinchicago), check it out. Tim's article is the first(of many more I hope) article/blog written by a BrickPicker member. Tim received 500 BRICKPICKER POINTS for his quality effort. Jeff and I are looking for other members to share their ideas with the other BrickPicker members and AFOLs around the world.

We are looking for all types of LEGO content that would interest the typical LEGO fan. Articles can range from LEGO investing and collecting to various LEGO themes to buying and selling to storage...whatever. As long as it pertains to basic BrickPicker.com themes and ideas and is somewhat well written, we will try to incorporate it into our blog.

Articles can be long or short, with pictures or just text, include charts or graphs or anything that would make it more interesting for the community. Brickpicker points awarded will be based on length and quality and you can use Tim's article as a basic template. Feel free to contact Jeff or I about any ideas you might have. We would love hear from you.

Thanks...Ed Mack

Ed, I'll email you my storage article a little later today. I won't be able to get you the pictures I want to use for it until the weekend though. I feel like my write-up is kind of long, but informative, so please check it out and let me know if you would like it cut down.

Ed, I'll email you my storage article a little later today. I won't be able to get you the pictures I want to use for it until the weekend though. I feel like my write-up is kind of long, but informative, so please check it out and let me know if you would like it cut down.

Hi Mos Eisley. Sounds great. Take your time. I look forward to reading it. Thanks.

I know it doesn't quite pertain to the investment portion, but would set reviews be acceptable blog posts? I know brickset does such a thing, but maybe if I get a different set that I really get into, would a review of such a set be appropriate?

Hi...A possible option for you would be an article/review of a particular set for our EVALUATION CORNER. If you take a look at my reviews on that section, I kinda combine a review of a set and an investment analysis of the set at the same time. I pick a set that has features that will make it a good investment in the future. For example...Lots of pieces, rare pieces, lots of minifigures, rare minifigures, themed sets, etc...all make LEGO sets more valuable. Maybe compare it to similar sets of the past that really appreciated nicely. If you have any particular ideas of some sets you want to review, let me know and I can give you some ideas.

We have posted another excellent article called LEGO Storage Wars that was written by one of our members, Mos Eisley. He did a fantastic job and the photos speak for themselves. I learned a lot and realized how nice and organized my collection could be! Nice job Jason!

Both member articles were very well written. Two thumbs up!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...