I bought the Lego Millennium Falcon

MangoFett

Question

8 answers to this question

I think this is a better MF model as well, but I'm still waiting for a substantial sale.  Same for the KR Shuttle.  So glad I sold my previous copies (75104) ASAP.  Even got $75 for my one personal build.

LEGO has milked the MF so hard the past few years they have to take a break.  Of course, I wonder what a 4+ MF would look like?  lol  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

So glad I sold my previous copies (75104) ASAP.  Even got $75 for my one personal build.

LEGO has milked the MF so hard the past few years they have to take a break.  Of course, I wonder what a 4+ MF would look like?  lol  

It's not a set I target, but I've never lost money on these -- even with all the instant remakes.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:23 PM, exracer327 said:

I think this is a better MF model as well, but I'm still waiting for a substantial sale.  Same for the KR Shuttle.  So glad I sold my previous copies (75104) ASAP.  Even got $75 for my one personal build.

Lego pretty religiously milks all the Star Wars material over and over again.  Their plan is pretty smart; they seem to build construction cycles around the building life of a single child...as each new generation of kids comes along, they are introduced to "new" designs of the old classics.  It's all new to that kid for 5-8 years or however long your average Lego life span is.

Then the kids discover girls and other pursuits, and start to think of themselves as too big and cool for playing with Lego.

That's when the next batch of kids comes along, getting introduced to Lego for the first time.

Then you have the AFOLs, who might stick around forever, once rediscovering Lego in the first place.