10271 - Fiat 500

Val-E

3 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Will help keep the piece count low.  Volks Bug was $100 USD, I'm imagining a similar scale, just smooshed in a bit.  Would match the $90 USD price. 

I meant its a small car in general and I wonder if they added steering like the Mustang. Seems like no, but thats okay.

What is the blue car on top? Real life picture?

They DID include the rolling roof! Nice. This will fit nicely with the other 2 rear engine cars in the lot.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me, or is anyone else struck by just how prominent the Colosseum is in the box art for the Fiat.  Certainly, with the Fiat being Italian, one can justify putting the car in front of essentially any Italian landmark.  I just wonder if this might be a bit of foreshadowing, the way they do with some of the Star Wars UCS sets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dr Jedi said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else struck by just how prominent the Colosseum is in the box art for the Fiat.  Certainly, with the Fiat being Italian, one can justify putting the car in front of essentially any Italian landmark.  I just wonder if this might be a bit of foreshadowing, the way they do with some of the Star Wars UCS sets.

You could be on to something ... 

2 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

As always, Lego would be rather late to the party...

101974_2.jpg 

Edited by Frank Brickowski
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

The only positive outcome for this set is that the shelf life will be short lived and a calculated risk of this getting a good margin in the secondary market.
Out of all the automobiles in the world?!, I truly do not understand this one...……...

why do you think a short life? 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 3:32 AM, Dr Jedi said:

You won a prize for this post! Send @exciter1 your details for a free Chima poly bag. But seriously good post. 

• Like 2

Brickset said these would be limited to the UK as part of Lego's pilot program.  May be worth getting some from Zavvi.  Plenty of butthurt already in the comment section if you need a pick-me-up.

https://brickset.com/article/63409/lego-announces-product-variation-pilot

Edited to add - they even put a time limit on how long these would be available.  Not sure if it's a trap, but it's time to fire up the credit card.

Edited by fuzzy_bricks

16 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Brickset said these would be limited to the UK as part of Lego's pilot program.  May be worth getting some from Zavvi.  Plenty of butthurt already in the comment section if you need a pick-me-up.

https://brickset.com/article/63409/lego-announces-product-variation-pilot

Edited to add - they even put a time limit on how long these would be available.  Not sure if it's a trap, but it's time to fire up the credit card.

Not sure why people are butthurt. Says right there in the article that international shipping is available